• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VirtualComicCon - Proposed Rule Change - Poll
3 3

The VirtualComicCon - Proposed Rule Changes  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Allow for suspension of the board sales rule that prohibits the sale of items that are also offered for sale on other sites only for the days of the VCC and only if the item is placed for sale within the confines of the VCC Convention Hall.

• Yes
    • Yes - But these offerings must carry special "VCC exclusive" pricing.
    • No - Keep the rule "as is".
    • Crack
  2. 2. - or - Create a Sub-Forum in the VCC Convention Hall allowing dealers to link to offsite sales (much like the "Comics Market - Sales Advertising" area).

• Yes - Better than the option in the first question
    • No - Not needed if we change the rule as proposed in the first question
    • No - Keep the rule "as is"
    • Crack

65 posts in this topic

All of those are interesting concepts and may be used in the future in people's sales threads but it really does not solve any of the issues with the VCC.  A ton of sellers have stopped posting since they feel individual sales threads yield better results and the lack of sellers at the event has made it unattractive to a bunch of buyers.

I like the once a year idea. I don't know about anyone else, but I find the other random dates always seem to coincide with some other random date of mine.

Set it up before Christmas and see if we can close the sales forum for a week. IF we do that,and people know in advance, it might work well. I'd just leave a sticky around somewhere...

like maybe the sales forum?

It certainly couldn't hurt instead of just giving up.

14 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I like the once a year idea. I don't know about anyone else, but I find the other random dates always seem to coincide with some other random date of mine.

Set it up before Christmas and see if we can close the sales forum for a week. IF we do that,and people know in advance, it might work well. I'd just leave a sticky around somewhere...

like maybe the sales forum?

It certainly couldn't hurt instead of just giving up.

I think I've missed quite few lately.  It seems like one is always during my elk or deer seasons, and others on my other planned vacations.  I definitely set up at every one I was available for.