• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sextuple Cover Amazing Spider-Man #361! RARE
1 1

23 posts in this topic

Some of you may have seen this already in a Facebook group, but I recently picked up a 6 cover Amazing Spider-Man #361!! I believe this may be the second highest misprinted cover? I know there is a 9.9 copy that has 8 covers and is signed by Stan Lee. Does anybody else know of another copy?

IMG_8837.thumb.JPG.5f40c53675209f864efee1c22c3ec5d6.JPG

IMG_8838.thumb.JPG.4ff8940bc8493b4e3ff795219d27931f.JPG

IMG_8839.thumb.JPG.f2e4fea2658b5cb4ae0d0b5acbe58e96.JPG

IMG_8840.thumb.JPG.f9b0a2ae38adb0a47ab96e68724e81a8.JPG

Why settle for 1 cover, WHEN YOU CAN HAVE 6!!!!! This HAS to be a 1 of 1!  This book is in beautiful NM condition as well! The outside cover looks like a 9.4/9.6 as it has one hairline spine tick and a possible smudge by the top staple..

This book was sent to CGC on Tuesday, so it'll be just over a month until I get it back! I am still in disbelief. This is my greatest find EVER!!!!

BACKSTORY

I was just waiting for my coffee monday morning when I decided to browse the Facebook Marketplace. I discovered this "Misprinted Spiderman Book" 10 minutes after it was posted. I immediately messaged the seller claiming it. From the sellers pictures, it looked like it had 5 covers, but come to find out THIS THING HAS 6!!!!! The seller said he is the original owner and bought this back in 1992, and its only been out of the bag 3 times!! 

Edited by Sly Shadow

15 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Wondering how difficult it would be to manufacture multiple covers at home.

I feel like it would be very tedious to go through all that for only $100. I feel like if you owned 6 copies, you wouldnt ruin 5 of them to only make $100.

3 hours ago, I like pie said:

Wondering how difficult it would be to manufacture multiple covers at home.

CGC somehow knows when people do this and give it a purple label lol believe me I've seen the books on web, which makes it hard to buy multiple cover's raw.

@Sly Shadow cool book!! :o there have been threads in the past about this, I think that one book had over 10 covers, but 6 is right up there :) wish you all the best! looks to be in good shape!

Did you really only get it for $100?? lol you don't have to say, either way CONGRATS!

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC somehow knows when people do this and give it a purple label lol believe me I've seen the books on web, which makes it hard to buy multiple cover's raw.

@Sly Shadow cool book!! :o there have been threads in the past about this, I think that one book had over 10 covers, but 6 is right up there :) wish you all the best! looks to be in good shape!

Did you really only get it for $100?? lol you don't have to say, either way CONGRATS!

Yea CGC will tell me if its real or not. And yes I did pay $100 for it. Even if it turna out the top 5 covers were added and they remove them, I would still profit a little off a 9.6/9.8! 

6 minutes ago, Sly Shadow said:

Yea CGC will tell me if its real or not. And yes I did pay $100 for it. Even if it turna out the top 5 covers were added and they remove them, I would still profit a little off a 9.6/9.8! 

Awesome! I agree great book :) Oh, and I just want to clarify the one book with 10 + covers wasn't an ASM 361, so your's might BE the highest of its kind ^^

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

There is some suspicious wear around the staples if it is married covers the perpetrator has steady hands.   Any way to post a pic of inside center of book staples?  pls report back what CGC says 

1 hour ago, kav said:

There is some suspicious wear around the staples if it is married covers the perpetrator has steady hands.   Any way to post a pic of inside center of book staples?  pls report back what CGC says 

It was pressed in a very nice panini machine. What's with all the questions? Like you never had a six....um...whatever it's called before?

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

It was pressed in a very nice panini machine. What's with all the questions? Like you never had a six....um...whatever it's called before?

I've done a lot of staple replacement and its kind of an interest of mine.  There are tell tale signs and one of them is you can never bend the prongs back exactly so I wanted to get a look at them.

5 minutes ago, kav said:

I've done a lot of staple replacement and its kind of an interest of mine.  There are tell tale signs and one of them is you can never bend the prongs back exactly so I wanted to get a look at them.

Bottom staple, moreso the cover around the staple looks great for the known issue with this specific book.

Edited by ygogolak

2 hours ago, kav said:

Unfortunately I didnt take any pictures of the inside staples. I was too excited and nervous and didn't even think about it. I did check them though and they didn't look suspicious at all. It has already been sent to CGC so we will see what they say in a few days!

2 hours ago, kav said:

Rare Kav sighting in the modern section