• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New board for newbie questions

6 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hi all,

I added a new board for newbie questions to our community.

I was finding a lot of general "getting started" kinds of questions about collecting showing up in the area we created for questions about the new boards, and it seemed like a good opportunity to let the community create a kind of Frequently Asked Questions area.

The kind of board I created has some special features to help people find the best answers to questions and the most helpful questions. Special Q&A features:

1. Members can upvote questions they think are great questions and most helpful to other members.
  2. Members can upvote the best answers in a question and push that answer to the top
  3. The ORIGINAL POSTER who asked the question can make a single answer as "The best answer"
  4. A block at the top shows questions without answers, and popular questions

This is a great place to welcome new members, and help people join the hobby, so I hope you all take the time to grow the community and offer a friendly and helpful welcome.

Also... who can get the most top answers? Hm...

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/93-newbie-comic-collecting-questions/

On 7/12/2017 at 8:30 AM, Architecht said:

Hi all,

I added a new board for newbie questions to our community.

I was find alot of general "getting started" kinds of questions about collecting showing up in the area we created for questions about the new boards, and it seemed like a good opportunity to let the community create kind of Frequently Asked Questions area.

The kind of board I created has some special features to help people find the best answers to questions and the most helpful questions. Special Q&A features:

1. Members can upvote questions they think are great questions and most helpful to other members.
  2. Members can upvote the best answers in a question and push that answer to the top
  3. The ORIGINAL POSTER who asked the question can make a single answer as "The best answer"
  4. A block at the top shows questions without answers, and popular questions

This is a great place to welcome new members, and help people join the hobby, so I hope you all take the time to grow the community and offer a friendly and helpful welcome.

Also... who can get the most top answers? Hm...

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/93-newbie-comic-collecting-questions/

Welcome to the boards!   :applause:

Got a quick question, I signed up with CGC about 4-5 months ago, and I remember reading somewhere that once you`re signed up, there`s no need to continually sign into the forum site every week. How can I avoid having to do this? Not really a BIG issue, but it kinda bothers me.

Thanks!

On 5/12/2021 at 12:58 AM, kilowatt said:

Got a quick question, I signed up with CGC about 4-5 months ago, and I remember reading somewhere that once you`re signed up, there`s no need to continually sign into the forum site every week. How can I avoid having to do this? Not really a BIG issue, but it kinda bothers me.

Thanks!

It bugs me too

Adding info to the newbie forum that there are forums unavailable to newbies until they reach a specific number of posts. Like the "Want to Buy" forum. this is my #14 post to get to 50.

I had no idea about this until I stumbled onto a old thread talking about this.

Might want to add info about the search timer as well. Why you have to wait 30 seconds, 45 seconds for starting a search request. Or even that this is a thing. I try to search for things as a newbie and get a timer put on me. Have no idea if this is just for Newbies or if this is for everyone. Must be IT guys running the admin functions. Post #15 of 50.