• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the thread 'Newbie Comic Collecting Questions' for real ?
1 1

99 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hi!

I've logged issues for these things mentioned in this thread.

1. font color on tabs on profile page
  2. Cover photo look / editability when adding a new profile pic
  3. search button on mobile
  4. gif images being duplicated when copy/pasting from other images on the boards.

If you notice anything else, let me know!

Scott

4 minutes ago, Scott =) said:

Hi!

I've logged issues for these things mentioned in this thread.

1. font color on tabs on profile page
  2. Cover photo look / editability when adding a new profile pic
  3. search button on mobile
  4. gif images being duplicated when copy/pasting from other images on the boards.

Scott

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

9 minutes ago, Scott =) said:

Hey @Scott =)

I've noticed some problems in the Gallery section of the forums regarding image uploading.
When you go into a picture/scan that has been placed in your album, and then go to edit that image, it looks like you are supposed to have the ability to add images into the description (the reply field looks the same as if you were posting in the other sections of the forum). So far, I have been unable to upload a picture into the description. If I choose files to upload direct from my pc, the images show up in the uploaded images section but it does not let me insert them into the post (using the "+" to add the image).
The same happens when I use the insert other media option. It allows me to select the desired images but does nothing when I go to hit the insert selected button.
I can, however, copy and paste those same images from other sections of the site into field and have them show up. Although I have noticed that when doing this it takes away my ability to edit that main album image (the option to do so seems to be, for lack of a better term, shattered... meaning the manage image button is somehow being fragmented into separate parts outside of the button). An example of this specific problem can be seen in my test gallery HERE .

Maybe I'm trying to do something that it just is not capable of doing (creating an album with a smaller album(s) within it).

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Hey @Scott =)

I've noticed some problems in the Gallery section of the forums regarding image uploading.
When you go into a picture/scan that has been placed in your album, and then go to edit that image, it looks like you are supposed to have the ability to add images into the description (the reply field looks the same as if you were posting in the other sections of the forum). So far, I have been unable to upload a picture into the description. If I choose files to upload direct from my pc, the images show up in the uploaded images section but it does not let me insert them into the post (using the "+" to add the image).
The same happens when I use the insert other media option. It allows me to select the desired images but does nothing when I go to hit the insert selected button.
I can, however, copy and paste those same images from other sections of the site into field and have them show up. Although I have noticed that when doing this it takes away my ability to edit that main album image (the option to do so seems to be, for lack of a better term, shattered... meaning the manage image button is somehow being fragmented into separate parts outside of the button). An example of this specific problem can be seen in my test gallery HERE .

Maybe I'm trying to do something that it just is not capable of doing (creating an album with a smaller album(s) within it).

Hi Deadone,

I found your gallery here: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/gallery/album/15-deadones-vcc-test-booth/. I was able to add a strutting eyeball gif to the gallery description without any problems. I think that's the issue you were describing...?

I'm sorry, but I'm not that familiar with the Gallery feature so I'm not sure if I'm understanding your issue. You might be better served by asking @Architecht about your gallery questions, because he's more familiar with galleries.

Scott

7 minutes ago, Scott =) said:

Hi Deadone,

I found your gallery here: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/gallery/album/15-deadones-vcc-test-booth/. I was able to add a strutting eyeball gif to the gallery description without any problems. I think that's the issue you were describing...?

I'm sorry, but I'm not that familiar with the Gallery feature so I'm not sure if I'm understanding your issue. You might be better served by asking @Architecht about your gallery questions, because he's more familiar with galleries.

Scott

Thanks Scott,
I had pm'd @Architecht about these gallery issues a little under a week or so ago. I'm assuming he's just been busy. You all have.

The problem with the image upload happens a little deeper into my test gallery, within the actual gallery pics themselves, in the area for the specific images description.
My thinking was that the image put into the gallery (what I will call the main image) would show the front cover. Within the description, we could add both verbal and pictorial representations of the book from the main image (perhaps a back cover scan, pictures of interior flaws, etc.). Right now, I can add a verbal (typed) description, but cannot add additional photos or scans without copy and pasting, and even then there are issues.

36 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Thanks Scott,
I had pm'd @Architecht about these gallery issues a little under a week or so ago. I'm assuming he's just been busy. You all have.

The problem with the image upload happens a little deeper into my test gallery, within the actual gallery pics themselves, in the area for the specific images description.
My thinking was that the image put into the gallery (what I will call the main image) would show the front cover. Within the description, we could add both verbal and pictorial representations of the book from the main image (perhaps a back cover scan, pictures of interior flaws, etc.). Right now, I can add a verbal (typed) description, but cannot add additional photos or scans without copy and pasting, and even then there are issues.

I just had a go at creating one @DeadOne and I can see what you mean. In your Savage Conan section I see you've posted 'unable to edit' at the bottom:

88.PNG.10d37c9b315217bc9e09591828dd1f66.PNG

I created a similar gallery set up (now deleted) and saw the 'manage image' button thinking that would do the trick:

881.PNG.76303a89875e082abbe1e2d490ae1be8.PNG

It allowed me to delete content....

882.PNG.2b682af1ab602acbb5e549312bfe1ab9.PNG

....but I couldn't add a new image. The + button wouldn't put anything I added using 'choose files' into the text.

So I get what you're saying. Hopefully there's either something we're both missing, or it's a solveable system glitch :wishluck:

Good luck - your test area looks great by the way :headbang:

@Marwood & I
Thanks.
We've been kicking around ideas about trying something new/different for the VCC and one of those ideas involved using the Gallery. I think it's a very workable idea, but I'm trying to get a grasp of exactly what is and isn't doable in that area of the forums.
I sound a little broken record-ish lately, but I am really just trying to help.

1 minute ago, DeadOne said:

@Marwood & I
Thanks.
We've been kicking around ideas about trying something new/different for the VCC and one of those ideas involved using the Gallery. I think it's a very workable idea, but I'm trying to get a grasp of exactly what is and isn't doable in that area of the forums.
I sound a little broken record-ish lately, but I am really just trying to help.

Not at all - it looks like it has great potential to me. Like most new things, it takes a bit of getting used to and perhaps isn't as intuitive as it could be. Don't sweat the broken record thing - that always happens when you try and make things better. 

Sure Arch will dive in soon. 

Keep at it (thumbsu

• Administrator
On 7/29/2017 at 4:55 AM, Marwood & I said:

BUTM is a secret Mod!?  Sacre bleu! :ohnoez:

Now you've got that off your chest Arch is there any chance - any chance - that you could answer the two questions I've put to you at least four times now through the various channels available to me on these boards? Or have you got me on ignore? :baiting:

Here they are again:

1. Now that strikes are out of the window, can you explain the new boards Moderation process please, specifically in respect of how points accumulate and lead to suspensions / bans etc
  2. When a member is serving a suspension, would it not be fairer to allow them to challenge the suspension via the 'Request a Moderation Review' channel rather than make them wait - potentially unfairly - for the suspension to end as is currently the case?

Thanking you kindly :)

@Architecht

tyk.PNG.54118f9b19f891caedabb46fec83d3f5.PNG

Not when you keep asking them in the wrong place. :)

15 hours ago, Architecht said:

Not when you keep asking them in the wrong place. :)

Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.

• Administrator
Just now, Marwood & I said:

Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.

On-topic posting in threads helps everybody. It's why it's part of moderation guidelines to bump things along in that direction. In particular, posting the questions in the right place in terms of moderation helps moderators find them so they can be answered, and also helps others find the content in case they are interested as well.

Here's a good place for those questions:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/94-moderation-frequently-asked-questions/

This thread doesn't seem like the place to go into it.

7 minutes ago, Architecht said:

On-topic posting in threads helps everybody. It's why it's part of moderation guidelines to bump things along in that direction. In particular, posting the questions in the right place in terms of moderation helps moderators find them so they can be answered, and also helps others find the content in case they are interested as well.

Here's a good place for those questions:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/94-moderation-frequently-asked-questions/

This thread doesn't seem like the place to go into it.

I don't believe that has ever been a barrier to you answering a question before Arch when the mood has taken you and besides, there's nothing to stop you making an announcement without responding to my questions directly, as you did with your likes abuse post. Many people have asked for clarification on the new moderation rules since the new boards went live so it strikes me (no pun intended) that you'd want to clarify them at some point regardless of individuals questioning.

I did raise the questions in the right place - you said your guy deleted them in error:

3.thumb.PNG.d0d3853a93751741c0372b9219c99285.PNG

I'll stop asking now though - 5 times is enough - and will wait with everyone else to see what you come up with in the natural course of your transition work, i.e. setting out new board policy where the old policy no longer applies.

Cheers

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I don't believe that has ever been a barrier to you answering a question before Arch when the mood has taken you and besides, there's nothing to stop you making an announcement without responding to my questions directly, as you did with your likes abuse post. Many people have asked for clarification on the new moderation rules since the new boards went live so it strikes me (no pun intended) that you'd want to clarify them at some point regardless of individuals questioning.

I did raise the questions in the right place - you said your guy deleted them in error:

3.thumb.PNG.d0d3853a93751741c0372b9219c99285.PNG

I'll stop asking now though - 5 times is enough - and will wait with everyone else to see what you come up with in the natural course of your transition work, i.e. setting out new board policy where the old policy no longer applies.

Cheers

I was hoping you would (unfortunately because of the delete) RE-ask them in the right place so there could be a question from a member and a response by moderation - to help make it obvious that the channel was open for normal questions.

You apparently have re-asked the questions, but in random places around the boards, which is off topic for the threads and less helpful in setting the pattern.

Could you ask them in the proper forum please?

1 hour ago, Architecht said:

I was hoping you would (unfortunately because of the delete) RE-ask them in the right place so there could be a question from a member and a response by moderation - to help make it obvious that the channel was open for normal questions.

You apparently have re-asked the questions, but in random places around the boards, which is off topic for the threads and less helpful in setting the pattern.

What, again!?  

Go on then. Don't delete them this time will you.

2 hours ago, Architecht said:

Dunnit.

Don't forget DeadOne above by the way - he's looking for help with Galleries if you haven't already spotted it (thumbsu

Capture.thumb.PNG.469d6b90159ab687c42b8b8a3605dca8.PNG