• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW Columbus/Signing at Multiple Shows

10 posts in this topic

Hello, first time posting, so apologies in advance if this isn't in exactly the right spot, but I've searched through the boards and couldn't find anything that completely answered the two questions I have, so here goes...

I'm planning on attending the Wizard World Columbus show, and see that (as of now, at least) CGC won't be there.  I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone that could act as witness for a comic being signed.  I have a 9.6 Buffy the Vampire Slayer SS signed by Sarah Michelle Gellar, and the Columbus show has a few other cast members, who I'd love to also have sign the comic.  So, if anyone could point me in the right direction regarding this, I'd be very appreciative.

Now, the second question, which is a bit more complicated.  I did some googling and saw that CGC allows an item to be signed at two different events, wherein CGC retains the book in between the events but doesn't grade it between the events, and has it sent to the next event to be signed.  Is this still true, and is it limited to just two events?  There were a few more cast members at the Fan Expo in Toronto, and I did see that CGC would actually be there for that event.  Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Unless you really want Emma Caufield over Charisma Carpenter, another option would be to send the book to one of the facilitators going to WW Chicago and Fan Expo Canada and let them handle the book.  Nicholas Brendan (who is also scheduled for Columbus) and Charisma Carpenter are scheduled at Chicago.

Thanks for the response and suggestion!  

That...definitely complicates things as far as making a decision, haha.  I'll be at WW Columbus already as a friend and I are driving from Pittsburgh so she can meet Tennant, so I was just going to get the book signed myself, provided I could find someone to witness.  But since CGC will be at both Chicago and FEC (we'll be there for it, too), that would remove a lot of the stress and time on my end at the conventions.  

Any idea if CGC allows for more than two cons at a time?  Clare Kramer, who played Glory on the show, will be at the Pittsburgh con early in August, and while CGC hasn't been listed for the show yet, they usually end up having a booth there...

17 hours ago, Dbb312 said:

Thanks for the response and suggestion!  

That...definitely complicates things as far as making a decision, haha.  I'll be at WW Columbus already as a friend and I are driving from Pittsburgh so she can meet Tennant, so I was just going to get the book signed myself, provided I could find someone to witness.  But since CGC will be at both Chicago and FEC (we'll be there for it, too), that would remove a lot of the stress and time on my end at the conventions.  

Any idea if CGC allows for more than two cons at a time?  Clare Kramer, who played Glory on the show, will be at the Pittsburgh con early in August, and while CGC hasn't been listed for the show yet, they usually end up having a booth there...

Only authorized facilitators are allowed to hold books between shows - CGC haven't offered this service for the last 7-8 years.

Ah, ok, makes sense.  So basically you find a facilitator to handle it, and then have them pass it on to the next facilitator for the next con, etc, and then at the last one have them submit it to CGC?

59 minutes ago, Dbb312 said:

Ah, ok, makes sense.  So basically you find a facilitator to handle it, and then have them pass it on to the next facilitator for the next con, etc, and then at the last one have them submit it to CGC?

In general, the same facilitator will retain possession of the book between multiple shows and then they'll submit it to CGC when it's done.

Ok, so in other words, find a facilitator that's going to be at both shows?  In that case...anyone happen to know of anyone?  I've been searching but haven't come up with anyone that will be at both, at least from what I've been able to find.  Thanks for all the info so far, I really appreciate it!

1 hour ago, Dbb312 said:

Ok, so in other words, find a facilitator that's going to be at both shows?  In that case...anyone happen to know of anyone?  I've been searching but haven't come up with anyone that will be at both, at least from what I've been able to find.  Thanks for all the info so far, I really appreciate it!

I will be attending both Chicago and Fan Expo.