• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This thread is : CLASSIFIED !!

148 posts in this topic

So I'm on a search, (once again) for an ad from the pages of The Buyers Guide sometime in the 70's.    Searching through these papers old  I'm seeing all kinds of cool ads from a different time.   This was before the internet, so snail mail was how you did deals.   I'll post up some of the good ones.

TBG%20100%20j_zpsjpe4wwps.jpg

This one just doesn't ad up.  I think there is a mother involved here somehow hm

Edited by Senormac

5 hours ago, tv horror said:

Ha ha the football uniform is probably some teacher who has amassed a large collection from all the copies he took off his students over the years, why not?

Ya.  It says "I am selling....."  but then the name is Mary Lloyd and she will take the first offer lol

TBG%20100%20h_zps6nfsceah.jpg

TBG%20100%20i_zpsvukdp9oi.jpg

The bottom one looks like they landed the talent before they landed anyone to come and sell comics

Edited by Senormac

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

Here's a good one.  Topical too.  Wonder if Chuck went to this show ?

SDCC%201975%20top_zpsfdw42h10.jpg

SDCC%201975%20bottom_zpslyfroaqy.jpg

wish I could've went to this Jack Kirby :luhv:

It's also sad that the commercial end has ruined the fun, yes you can maybe still go and enjoy yourself but how much is it going to cost a person now. Simple is best and basically SDCC is one big paid advertisement  nowadays. On average is it worth going?  

More ads from Con Season mid 70's. Compared to the SDCC ad, this one seems kinda boring.  I'm sure the show was NOT boring though.  I never went to a Creation Con

TBG%20100%20aa_zps8i2x3il0.jpg