• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This thread is : CLASSIFIED !!

148 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Senormac said:

Back to classifieds...... 

This one brings back lots of memories because I was a MVS collector.  I had the booklet and filled it up too, and somewhere out there is a Hulk #181 ( and a #180 too probably) with a little square cut out of one of the interior pages.  Yea, that was me  lol

TBG%20106%20h_zpskai6uwtk.jpg

marvel%20value%20stamp%20book_zpsypg7ksy

I've still got my completed MVS book. :cloud9: 

8 hours ago, Senormac said:

Buck Rogers used to be so hip.  So way back when.  So early years.  But now, I wonder if collectors even know who he is ?

TBG%20106%20e_zps1a8drypj.jpg

Ah - the old "excellent' grade.  Didn't quite figure that one out, as it wasn't in use in my part of the west coast.  VF-VFNMish? (shrug)

34 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Ah - the old "excellent' grade.  Didn't quite figure that one out, as it wasn't in use in my part of the west coast.  VF-VFNMish? (shrug)

I did once have a British dealer in the 70s use 'very excellent' to describe a book. 

It was about VF, in the end.

On 7/18/2017 at 11:35 AM, lizards2 said:

I remember Comic Heaven in Texas having their annual mail bid auction.  You'd fill out a max bid sheet on the books you wanted, and indicate the top amount you could pay for all books won, so you wouldn't win too much.  No scans/photos or PQ - just a grade.  I won an FF 117 in supposed NM, but it had a sun shadow on the open edge! :cry: 

Jon Verzyl. I used to bid in those auctions when he was in Alhambra CA, when I could go pick up any winnings in person at his comic shop. He also used to set up at the Shrine shows. Nice guy, but not the best grader (back then anyway). I would bid assuming two increments below what he listed them as, which meant bidding the minimum and only on a handful of books.

1 hour ago, rjpb said:

Jon Verzyl. I used to bid in those auctions when he was in Alhambra CA, when I could go pick up any winnings in person at his comic shop. He also used to set up at the Shrine shows. Nice guy, but not the best grader (back then anyway). I would bid assuming two increments below what he listed them as, which meant bidding the minimum and only on a handful of books.

I recall a big photo of him with a big cigar, a bunch of comics, and if I remember correctly, his daughter, to advertise the auction.

3 hours ago, rjpb said:

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I recall a big photo of him with a big cigar, a bunch of comics, and if I remember correctly, his daughter, to advertise the auction.

Wasn't he somehow involved in the parceling out of the Church collection ?  I may be completely mistaken, but I had thought that 3 or 4 other players helped Chuck with finances for the purchase.  One guy took all the DC.  One guy took all the Timely..... something like that  (shrug)

Just now, Senormac said:

Wasn't he somehow involved in the parceling out of the Church collection ?  I may be completely mistaken, but I had thought that 3 or 4 other players helped Chuck with finances for the purchase.  One guy took all the DC.  One guy took all the Timely..... something like that  (shrug)

He owns all the Church Timely hero books, except red Raven #1 ( maybe he does now that Chuck sold it), at at one time had much of the Church All-American run. I don't think he fronted Chuck money, but he evidently had an early line on the collection. 

7 minutes ago, rjpb said:

He owns all the Church Timely hero books, except red Raven #1 ( maybe he does now that Chuck sold it), at at one time had much of the Church All-American run. I don't think he fronted Chuck money, but he evidently had an early line on the collection. 

Wow, just wow 

Another long time comic seller (and friendly guy) Joe Koch. I'm happy he IS still around cuz that's where I got the stack of TBG's below...... 

IMG_20170720_200357364_zpsxvzvc32d.jpg

TBG%20106%20ss_zpshlzoh1ca.jpg

Edited by Senormac

Here's a cool ad.  Its two full pages.  I checked on ebay and found zero of these listed.  I'm sure they are out there somewhere in somebodies drawer or something.

TBG%20106%20aa_zpsbiqarkau.jpg

TBG%20106%20bb_zpszpa0emrt.jpg

TBG%20106%20ee_zps1majdeyw.jpg

TBG%20106%20cc_zpsrhcijot1.jpgTBG%20106%20dd_zpsbjvwrdsv.jpg

2 hours ago, Senormac said:

Here's a cool ad.  Its two full pages.  I checked on ebay and found zero of these listed.  I'm sure they are out there somewhere in somebodies drawer or something.

TBG%20106%20aa_zpsbiqarkau.jpg

I keep a set in my drawers all the time, but I did remove the stabby parts.  :wink:

Edited by lizards2

Back to classifieds for awhile..... 

and in honor of the mother of ALL comic conventions.........

the SDCC INTERNATIONAL .........

I bring you.......

from the year 1975.....   :applause:

:gossip: ......  it's like a treasure hunt :luhv:

TBG%2099%20a_zpsk4m2cxzr.jpg