• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WILD EFFIN TURKEY....ANYONE ELSE?

98 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, namisgr said:

Never been seriously ill, huh?  If you have, you should certainly understand the difference.

You missed it - it's the constant correction over stuff that doesn't matter.

I'm doing a follow up.  11 hour drive today to and fro NorCal to Socal and back.  Nasty traffic on the 5 and got home unscathed.  7 beers and I tapped out, because I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. 

Tomorrow, church and pool party.  More beer tomorrow?  Absolutely!!!!!!:tink:

Edited by scooter99

1 hour ago, scooter99 said:

I'm doing a follow up.  11 hour drive today to and fro NorCal to Socal and back.  Nasty traffic on the 5 and got home unscathed.  7 beers and I tapped out, because I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. 

Tomorrow, church and pool party.  More beer tomorrow?  Absolutely!!!!!!:tink:

I recommend drinking before church.

I prefer Canadian Club... But for you connoisseurs that feel 80 proof ain't enough, I suggest Everclear. The 190 proof stuff is basically legal moonshine (well, legal in about 1/2 the states, including Indiana where I live. The rest of you will have to make due with the 150 proof version) .  Some cars might run on it long enough to get you to a gas station if you run out of gas. 

Edited by Tony S

28 minutes ago, Tony S said:

I prefer Canadian Club... But for you connoisseurs that feel 80 proof ain't enough, I suggest Everclear. The 190 proof stuff is basically legal moonshine (well, legal in about 1/2 the states, including Indiana where I live. The rest of you will have to make due with the 150 proof version) .  Some cars might run on it long enough to get you to a gas station if you run out of gas. 

I haven't had  Everclear since my college fraternity days!  :devil:

20 minutes ago, Pitboss said:

God I remember cutting holes in watermelons and sticking Everclear bottles in to slowly seep in. Talk about "panties dropping" :bigsmile:

I recall pouring fifths into those cheap plastic kids wading pools, then adding fruit juice and fruit.  That was to go with all the sand we drug into the basement for a Luau.  :shy:

10 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I recall pouring fifths into those cheap plastic kids wading pools, then adding fruit juice and fruit.  That was to go with all the sand we drug into the basement for a Luau.  :shy:

Oh the hazy Everclear memories....

Everclear + REAL Grape Juice + new garbage can  + ice = "Goomba Juice" party...  everyone was asked to wear white...

The next day, the person with the most stained clothing / body parts was crowned the Goomba King/Queen for the year. This was not exactly an honor one wanted as it involved paying the tab at other events, buying the pig for the annual pig roast as well as being the source of jokes and stories that are still used 30+ years later...

Sad to say, took that trophy home once after tripping up the stairs with 2 full glasses and crashing into a pair of speakers...'bout the last thing I remember of the evening...had one purple Nike for months...

-bc

1 hour ago, scooter99 said:

A fraternity voted you in?   Wow!   What school did you go to?  :baiting:

I was in the dork fraternity at University of Oregon.  I got pity bids from a couple others. 

The frat experience was actually really great, in many, many ways - including meeting my future wife at a Greek "function"

the greek system has such a bad rap these days, but I found that there was a place in it for everyone.

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I was in the dork fraternity at University of Oregon.  I got pity bids from a couple others. 

The frat experience was actually really great, in many, many ways - including meeting my future wife at a Greek "function"

the greek system has such a bad rap these days, but I found that there was a place in it for everyone.

Just giving you a hard time.  2 of my college roomies were in fratenrities.  1 an SAE the other TKE.  Talk about opposites ends of the spectrum.  I went to their parties, got hammered and didn't join either. 

27 minutes ago, scooter99 said:

Just giving you a hard time.  2 of my college roomies were in fratenrities.  1 an SAE the other TKE.  Talk about opposites ends of the spectrum.  I went to their parties, got hammered and didn't join either. 

Individual chapters are way different on every campus - can't paint any one with a broad brush.

17 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Fraternities shouldn't have a bad reputation. The first fraternity was established in 1825. Since that day, every single President and Vice President except for two have belonged to a fraternity. Most members of Congress and the Senate, most Supreme Court Justices were members of a fraternity in college. 

You make a lot of friends and build some excellent  connections, you go to/host some parties, you have some great and not so great memories. Heck, my son even came back having learned basic woodworking, electrical and plumbing skills. They were always building a new bar & the frat house was always needing repairs.  He didn't learn how to clean though. No one cleaned the place....

I occasionally  make my own single malts. It comes off the lyne arm at 160 proof in the runs right after the foreshots. Once it's below 140 proof it tends to taste like cardboard and chuck it. You would too.  I reduce it to 120 proof  or it can't be drunk without burning out the entire inside of your mouth. ANother dubious hobby.