• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet Comics #5 Jon Berk copy SOLD!
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Not being a completist, I've decided to flip this recent win, as the colors arent quite what I was expecting. You can see the colors are deeper than average, from my pic below just not as deep as I wanted. (Not a great pic I know, but I can get a better one up on Monday if need be.) However, you can see CC's scans in the listing here:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=716676

So for me the search goes on. Asking $1650, which is what I paid.

Read this first:

:takeit: wins over pm's.

Payment terms

PayPal, (or cheque in the UK only).

Shipping

I am based in the United Kingdom..

Expedited shipping from UK to US will be $30.

I pack books very carefully.

No HOSers, probies or trolls allowed!

Planet Comics #5 CGC 3.5.jpg

Edited by Flex Mentallo

I actually thought #18 was the bigger gamble than #5, though by far the one I really wanted. The Planet #18 did turn out as well as I'd hoped, if not better, so I'm very happy about that. So I'm philosophical - I got the one I really wanted. Colors on #5 are normally pale orange background - this one is deeper orange than the average copy. But red is the color for me. :luhv:

Just now, Wally's Comics said:

FC is infamous for having crazy colors variants from just their nutty off the wall production techniques.

:insane:

It's what makes them fascinating to collect. Of course, #5 is one of the rarest issues, so the challenge is even more extreme!

As close as I will ever get to extreme ironing!

2c87bed40a185e9e62206e5daa821036.jpg

I understand completely, I've bought some FC's that were lower grade or not even complete just because the color was a nice hit.

I've also had some books that really appealed to me once I finally saw the "real" intended color.

So it's a Jungle Hunt, fo sho!