• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Silver collectors not collect GA?
1 1

43 posts in this topic

Collect silver and gold now. Think its more of a collector gaining more exposure/experience/appreciation about the hobby as they age. Bought Bronze Age off the rack as a kid which drove me to collect the Silver Age predecessors in my 20's & 30's which got me exposed to Golden Age enough to pick a focus in my 40's & 50's.

With the current prices, wish I started with GA first !

-bc

4 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

Never interested.

In SA.....totally agree with you and can't blame you at all, absolutely no challenge at all as there probably isn't a single SA book in existence that you can't find and buy by simply picking up the phone or turning on your computer.  :baiting:  lol

Edited by lou_fine

8 hours ago, solm4st3r said:

I don't. Too expensive for my budget.

I imagine this would end up being the most common reason for not collecting GA.  It is among my group of collecting friends, at any rate.  I decided to get rid of most of my SA in order to fund GA purchases, but I'm the lone wolf.  The argument of @lou_fine rings true for me.  The only limiter for collecting SA runs is money.  Some GA books, you can be a millionaire, and you just might not be able to find a copy for sale.  The rarity factor really appeals to some more than others.  I have plenty of friends that collect SA exclusively, because they don't care about non-hero books.  

Everybody has different tastes, and different books move your needle differently.  Most of my friends would rather see a nice copy of Iron Man 1 than a nice copy of Shock SuspenStories 6. (shrug)

On 2017-07-17 at 9:59 AM, entalmighty1 said:

I imagine this would end up being the most common reason for not collecting GA.  It is among my group of collecting friends, at any rate.  I decided to get rid of most of my SA in order to fund GA purchases, but I'm the lone wolf.  The argument of @lou_fine rings true for me.  The only limiter for collecting SA runs is money.  Some GA books, you can be a millionaire, and you just might not be able to find a copy for sale.  The rarity factor really appeals to some more than others.  I have plenty of friends that collect SA exclusively, because they don't care about non-hero books.  

Everybody has different tastes, and different books move your needle differently.  Most of my friends would rather see a nice copy of Iron Man 1 than a nice copy of Shock SuspenStories 6. (shrug)

Shock 6 for me.  Those 1968 books are just too common...

I'm not sure how to answer; depends on what is considered GA. I collect books throughout the '50s but some folks don't consider them GA. I guess the answer is yes if Atom Age counts and no if it doesn't.