• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP George Romero

31 posts in this topic

Night of the Living Dead is trully a ground-breaking picture for when it came out in the 1960's. By all means it is not dated, and will still hit you with deep emotions when you watch it.

Here is an amazing in-depth documentary about it with George Romero.

Night of the Living Dead was one of the scariest movies I had ever seen when I first got a chance to see it - probably on Chiller Theatre with Chilly Billy, another Western PA institution (who sadly passed away last year sometime).

The original was so frightening to me what with the local towns all over Western PA being mentioned by the newscasters in the movie...man, it got to me!

I was too young to see Dawn of the Dead in the movies but will never forget seeing Day of the Dead and how awesome it was!

Romero's Zombies are the greatest!!!

Wow. Just saw this. RIP. My all time favorite movie. I have probably seen it at least 25 times. 

Still remember the first time I saw it. Halloween of 1986. I was 12 years old. Came on late night and luckily I got away with staying up and watching it. I had previously heard about this movie and the zombie onslaught concept or as they had them named in the movie"ghouls" always intrigued me. I was blown away. The perfect horror movie. I was a fan of zombie films from that moment on.

I was at a convention in NYC where George Romero was a guest, probably around 2006.  Sometime around 9pm or 10pm, a group of us were headed to the elevator as George and his family were getting off on our floor heading in for the night.  So we all did the fanboy thing and said "It's George Romero!" and he grunted like even when he thought his day was over there were still fanboys on his floor in the hotel.  We headed out to kill a few hours and got back to the hotel about 2am or 3am.  Sure enough, we got to our floor and George Romero had walked out of his room to go to the ice machine or just wander around or something... we did the same fanboy cries, "It's George Romero!" so this time he looked up and just said "$H!T".

Edited by valiantman