• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Con Aug. 5th. Mark your calendars!
2 2

56 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

The question is, who is traveling the furthest for the November show? We had inquiries from San Diego and Oregon for this one but I think the record turned out to be Chico.  For Nov. I'm hoping the record is at least Vancouver!

Vancouver?  There's nobody there.

Hi, I'm new to the forums but not to collecting comics. I just wanted to say that the Berkeley show was awesome and a refreshing change from the usual cons that seem to emphasize everything else but actual comic collecting. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy those shows, meeting the artists in artist alley and whatnot, but sometimes I just want to focus solely on purchasing comics. This is definitely the show for that. 

I picked up books from almost every seller there. Harvey, CW, and a bunch of others whose name I can't remember. Everyone was super cool and it was nice to chat with people who share the love of comics. And the guy (Tim?) working the door had the coolest items of the show - they were these 1970s school supply type folders printed to look like various Marvel comic covers. I totally remember them from my childhood. 

Great job by everyone involved. Thanks for putting these small shows together!

1 hour ago, cgartist said:

Hi, I'm new to the forums but not to collecting comics. I just wanted to say that the Berkeley show was awesome and a refreshing change from the usual cons that seem to emphasize everything else but actual comic collecting. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy those shows, meeting the artists in artist alley and whatnot, but sometimes I just want to focus solely on purchasing comics. This is definitely the show for that. 

I picked up books from almost every seller there. Harvey, CW, and a bunch of others whose name I can't remember. Everyone was super cool and it was nice to chat with people who share the love of comics. And the guy (Tim?) working the door had the coolest items of the show - they were these 1970s school supply type folders printed to look like various Marvel comic covers. I totally remember them from my childhood. 

Great job by everyone involved. Thanks for putting these small shows together!

Cool. Can you let us know how you found out about the show? We're always trying to figure that out. In the old days a promoter just needed fliers at all the local stores but that's less effective these days when trying to reach vintage collectors.

It was great meeting everyone last Saturday! Great little show with a good selection of dealers. It's hard to believe I spent over an hour when it was just supposed to be a "quick look". 

Matt (Calidreamin') shaved head, goatee.

On 8/6/2017 at 5:54 PM, HouseofComics.Com said:

Wish we could do Sundays but the venue is booked for church on Sundays.

A CW post! You know this is an amazing show if it gets him on the boards. He and I used to do Wondercon together the last few years that show was in SF.

Lol. I've been quietly answering Noob questions in the new forum for a couple of weeks now but I appreciate the excitement. The Fantastic/ House of Comics booth at Wondercon was epic as was our recreation of the chase scene from Bullitt!

I had a great time! Picked up a trio of golden age L.B. Cole books from Ray Storch, a Fantastic Four 52, and a nice stack of misc silver age books. Ended up being there for about 3 hours! Met some great people, too. 

If anyone is planning to attend San Francisco Comic Con, we're throwing a boardie meetup and trading party after the con, on Sat Sep 2 from 6-9pm. Hopefully we'll get to see some familiar faces from Berkeley in San Francisco! Just trying to get the Bay Area comic community together :) 

Posted a separate event thread with more details here: