• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Con Aug. 5th. Mark your calendars!
2 2

56 posts in this topic

Our comics-only show returns, Saturday, Aug. 5th. Noon to five pm. This is a time-machine type show that feels like a 1980s or 1990s con. Put on by Wormboy and myself. Board members dealing at the show include Lee's Comics, HarvDoss, SilverWeb, EdgerX, CW, and Batarag. In fact, we have five new dealers with fresh stuff! I expect about 20 board members to attend, maybe 25-30. Super fun comic conversation, plus a room packed with comic books for sale.

www.berkeleycomiccon.com (with innovative wantlist feature that gets sent to all vendors in advance)

www.facebook.com/Berkeley-Comic-Con-153498081743352

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:37 AM, HouseofComics.Com said:

Our comics-only show returns, Saturday, Aug. 5th. Noon to five pm. This is a time-machine type show that feels like a 1980s or 1990s con. Put on by Wormboy and myself. Board members dealing at the show include Lee's Comics, HarvDoss, SilverWeb, EdgerX, CW, and Batarag. In fact, we have five new dealers with fresh stuff! I expect about 20 board members to attend, maybe 25-30. Super fun comic conversation, plus a room packed with comic books for sale.

www.berkeleycomiccon.com (with innovative wantlist feature that gets sent to all vendors in advance)

:hi:

You know I'll be there and I will be bringing the donuts.

On 7/25/2017 at 10:02 PM, shortboxed said:

We'll be there! Looking forward to it.

Looking forward to seeing you guys and I enjoyed looking at your extensive instagram yesterday and today.

Going to have a ton of board members there including some very old school ones who were kicking around here heavily back in the 2002-2005 period. Luckily I'm still in touch with everyone even if they don't post much anymore.

Now six new dealers, so plenty of fresh stock. I'll be up front so please come say hi and I can point out other board members.

Facebook has been particularly lively this time around with a good discussion the past few days about what people want from this show in terms of material:

22 hours ago, Calidream'n said:

You guys ok with that 5 alarm fire going on right now???

Yeah, fires in the hills happen almost every year between August and October. If a fire made it all the way down to the convention, it would be the greatest fire since the great Chicago fire. Not really going to happen.

Getting fired up for the show tomorrow! Saturday August 5th at the Berkeley Senior Center 

Everybody should come on out for comic books tomorrow - it's only five bucks, and we'll probably have more comic books available than most of the big "Comic Book" Conventions that charge you $25+!

We love comics!

I'll be working the door, so be sure to say Hi and let me know you're from the boards!

IMG_6491.JPG

IMG_6499.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

Edited by wormboy