• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manning Star Wars strips
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi Folks, 

How do you know what Star Wars strips were actually drawn by Russ Manning?  Is there a time when it's all him and then others later in his style?  If his name is in the art, is that confirmation that it's all him?

Thanks for any insight shared here.

Simon

I collect SW dailies/comic strips. A number of consignment/auction houses will defer to Russ Manning "studio" to play it safe, although I own several which I know he worked on, but due to his poor health, it's uncertain how much he worked on, and the signed pieces are usually a good indication he worked on most or all of it. The takeaway for me is the ones he signs are the only way to know for sure he touched. I may be biased, and not to diminish Manning's work (or other creators such as Williamson), but the stuff put out by Alcala is some of my favourite.