• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEO Comic Con - North Olmsted (Cleveland), Ohio August 20th, 2017

8 posts in this topic

A couple of booth opened up and after going on a buying spree lately I've decided to set up at this one-day Con.  Last year had a few thousand people thru the door and he seems to be on track for doubling that this year.  It's being held at a soccer (sports) complex so there should be plenty of room to walk around.  My name is not on the exhibitors list but I'm in booths 78/79 so stop on by.  I think I'm going to experiment with 2x$1 boxes and all kids under 16 get a free comic book - got to clear out the drek somehow.  Over 150 booths and I don't see any siding companies on the lists so its a good sign.  Hope to see you there.

<https://www.neocomiccon.com/>

Edited by 1Cool

Very busy day.  I keep forgetting how physically tough setting up at a Con can be.  I ended up getting 2 booths so 2 8' tables which is pretty much all the books I've got right now.  I brought 12 long boxes of 3x$1, 5 long boxes of $5 books, 3 long boxes of priced books, 1 long box of Dark Horse Star Wars for $2 each, 1 long box of high grade magazines for half price, a long box of vintage Playboys for $5 each and 70 or so wall books including 10 assorted slabs.  There was very good foot traffic and my booth was swamped most of the day due to me being the only 3x$1 boxes in the room. 

Ended up selling 4 long boxes of 90s Drek for $400.  Like usual no slab sales with not really much wall book request or people looking at books.  Couple requests for WBN 32 but nothing else.  Sold a handful of wall books for $150 with I think the biggest being a nice ASM 301.  The Playboys were not looked at.  The mags got a couple lookers and I think I sold a couple for $30.  $5 books did pretty well and I sold about $200 bucks with no real rhyme or reason to what people picked.  Price as marked books (or pretty much my e-bay store books) were very vey slow with only $100 in books selling.  Booths cost $120 total so I guess a good 1 day Con but still only did 7x cost so still searching for that mythical 10x Con sales experience.

IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4013.JPG

IMG_4014.JPG

Edited by 1Cool

I did extremely well at this con! :) I helped sell at a friend's booth, but also picked up some great finds. Got this set of 3, awesome pinup art, and 2 super cool pulp books! I sold my CGC graded Planet 44 & 59 which was great, then picked up some major golden age finds. (thumbsu Check it out!

2017-08-21 02.23.43.jpg

2017-08-21 02.25.38.jpg

IMG_20170821_011714_509.jpg

On 8/21/2017 at 11:42 AM, CrazyQuinn said:

I did extremely well at this con! :) I helped sell at a friend's booth, but also picked up some great finds. Got this set of 3, awesome pinup art, and 2 super cool pulp books! I sold my CGC graded Planet 44 & 59 which was great, then picked up some major golden age finds. (thumbsu Check it out!

2017-08-21 02.23.43.jpg

2017-08-21 02.25.38.jpg

IMG_20170821_011714_509.jpg

Nice eye ! That Blue Beetle tempted me ! He had some nice GA books in those 3 or 4 boxes.

-bc

On 8/20/2017 at 7:56 PM, 1Cool said:

Very busy day.  I keep forgetting how physically tough setting up at a Con can be.  I ended up getting 2 booths so 2 8' tables which is pretty much all the books I've got right now.  I brought 12 long boxes of 3x$1, 5 long boxes of $5 books, 3 long boxes of priced books, 1 long box of Dark Horse Star Wars for $2 each, 1 long box of high grade magazines for half price, a long box of vintage Playboys for $5 each and 70 or so wall books including 10 assorted slabs.  There was very good foot traffic and my booth was swamped most of the day due to me being the only 3x$1 boxes in the room. 

Ended up selling 4 long boxes of 90s Drek for $400.  Like usual no slab sales with not really much wall book request or people looking at books.  Couple requests for WBN 32 but nothing else.  Sold a handful of wall books for $150 with I think the biggest being a nice ASM 301.  The Playboys were not looked at.  The mags got a couple lookers and I think I sold a couple for $30.  $5 books did pretty well and I sold about $200 bucks with no real rhyme or reason to what people picked.  Price as marked books (or pretty much my e-bay store books) were very vey slow with only $100 in books selling.  Booths cost $120 total so I guess a good 1 day Con but still only did 7x cost so still searching for that mythical 10x Con sales experience.

IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4013.JPG

IMG_4014.JPG

Glad you did okay ! 7x cost is still pretty sweet in my book - hoping you get to the mythical 10x soon!

Think the cos-players outnumbered everyone. They were still being bused in from LCCC when I left about 2.

Only found 4 books this time - and  realized one was a duplicate about half way home...still a fun Sunday event.

-bc

2 hours ago, bc said:

Glad you did okay ! 7x cost is still pretty sweet in my book - hoping you get to the mythical 10x soon!

Think the cos-players outnumbered everyone. They were still being bused in from LCCC when I left about 2.

Only found 4 books this time - and  realized one was a duplicate about half way home...still a fun Sunday event.

-bc

Thanks man.  Good seeing you again!