Albums in the galleries

3 posts in this topic

Architecht   
  • Administrator
  • 6,266 posts
  • Kudos Thread

Hello all,

I turned on the ability for members to create albums in some of the gallery categories.

All you do is:

1. Go to Browse --> Galleries
  2. Click the "Add Images" button
  3. The system will prompt you to pick a category if you aren't already in one
  4. The system will prompt you to either CREATE or PICK one of your albums
  5. Then you can upload

Current gallery categories are:

1. Top Pop CGC Graded Comics (no albums - just one big list)
  2. Member's Themed Albums (albums allowed)
  3. For Sale Galleries (albums allowed)
  4. Show Report Albums (albums allowed)
  5. Test Gallery (albums allowed)

Once you've created an album of images, you can also easily add those images to posts using the "Insert Other Media" down down on the bottom-right of the reply box.

Give it a try. I've seen one or two rough spots in the gallery interface (like the buttons that let your switch between list / large previews / thumbnails being invisible unless it's the one currently selected), but it's still a pretty cool feature.

Let me know if you see a need for different categories.

AJD   
  • 4,157 posts

I love the idea, but I can't for the life of me get the interface for uploading straight. ???

I've created a themed album of war bonds and stamps covers, and have managed to get 15 images in there. But I've also managed to create a column on the LHS with many other images, including duplicates, and I can't see how to fix anything.

What am I missing?

Architecht   
  • Administrator
  • 6,266 posts
  • Kudos Thread
2 hours ago, AJD said:

I love the idea, but I can't for the life of me get the interface for uploading straight. ???

I've created a themed album of war bonds and stamps covers, and have managed to get 15 images in there. But I've also managed to create a column on the LHS with many other images, including duplicates, and I can't see how to fix anything.

What am I missing?

It looks like what you did was to create a description of your album in which you have inserted all the images that are actually in your album.

If you edit your album, you can get to to the description area and clear it out. That's just supposed to be a place for an overview of your album, why you made it, what it's about, etc..

I edited it for you to remove the attachments that you had been putting in the album description.

Now what you'll find on the left is the one image that you choose as the cover photo, and your small description of the album underneath that.