• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action 1 2.0 or ALL the major Silver Keys in high grade
1 1

53 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Knightsofold said:

Ask him if he'd rather have 10 1950's 1960's pieces of fine art, or a Van Gogh.

Ask him if he would rather have ten 60s muscle cars or a Duesenberg.

Action 1 has far more "wow"factor, and is far easier to show off than a stack of high grade silver age books. If he's looking investment-wise, maybe the answer is slightly different (risk distribution and what not)

19 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I'd get the Marvel keys. As many Marvel keys as he can buy. Seriously. More people want them and they are easier to sell for a profit.

This. 100%

Yes, Action #1 will always be "the" prestige book and have the wow factor, but it's much easier to find 10 people to buy a 50K book, than one person to buy a 500K book

if its a buy and hold long term play i think the action 1 is the no brainer.  if he wants to get into the comic booking fun with buying and selling and attempting to profit over the short term (next 5 years or so) the silver books would be the way to go.  

21 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I'd get the Marvel keys. As many Marvel keys as he can buy. Seriously. More people want them and they are easier to sell for a profit.

Surprised you didn't say I choose both.

I now have a feeling this friend of mine might go after both the Action 1 AND all of the Marvel keys in high grade.

I hope he lets me help him with this.  I want to see some of these as they come in.  I'll chime back in on this if/when it starts to happen.

11 hours ago, woowoo said:

426 Hemi 454 Ls6 chevelle or my 1967 Ls6 muncie 4 speed 3.73 gear Camaro. :headbang:

My-Camaro-7.jpg

Nice taste, Harold.

Here is what I roll in.....

IMG_0217.JPG

Edited by Hudson

20 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I now have a feeling this friend of mine might go after both the Action 1 AND all of the Marvel keys in high grade.

I hope he lets me help him with this.  I want to see some of these as they come in.  I'll chime back in on this if/when it starts to happen.

Grab that SC #22 9.2 of of Reese. WOW ,Throw a DC in there.

Just now, woowoo said:

convertible NICE.

Yes.  I had a hardtop, but second time around I decided convertible was the way to go.

Sort of like the OP's question.  There are lots of hardtop 57's around (just like there are a lot of high grade SA keys), but far fewer convertible (just like AC1).

5 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Yes.  I had a hardtop, but second time around I decided convertible was the way to go.

Sort of like the OP's question.  There are lots of hardtop 57's around (just like there are a lot of high grade SA keys), but far fewer convertible (just like AC1).

X old lady's car that I put together 1968 468 turbo 400

camaro.png

On 7/18/2017 at 7:03 PM, gadzukes said:

How about all the funds go to multiple copies of af15s  instead of the other silver age keys?

Edited by Spiderturtle

On ‎18‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 2:02 AM, gadzukes said:

It's a nice piece from a major known artist.  Once it's all finalized maybe I'll post a pic here.

I´d go for the Action Comics #1 simply because it´s obviously much easier to find a painting worth a couple mil. in the wild than a low-grade AC1 ... xD

Now, what nice piece from a major known artist worth a couple mil. requiring a certain level of knowledge to be recognized has been overlooked ...

Edited by Pickie

It would have to be a very special Action 1 for me to go that route. Most 2.0 are pretty ugly which I would never be satisfied owning. I would rather pursue a nice Batman 1 or Superman 1, hell why not chase one of the incredible Wonder Woman books that are going to be auctioned on eBay