• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest Sign Up Thread
5 5

221 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2017 at 10:24 AM, thirdgreenham said:

Hi again, everyone! :hi:

Another year has passed and the time has finally come.....

As always, with the greatest of respect and a tip of my hat to Nik, I would like to offer for your enjoyment, the 5th annual CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest. :headbang:

On Tuesday, August 2nd, I will officially start this grading contest over in the "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?" section of the boards.

This here is the sign up thread, for all interested. Everyone is welcome to join in. Please post here if you would like to play in this contest. It's a lot of fun, and there will be prizes. (thumbs u

1.) You will see 2 books per round, for 10 rounds.  The contest will begin on August 1st and end on August 20th.

2.) There will be an approximate 48 hour time limit between rounds. I will confirm the end time for all rounds once the contest starts. I will send everyone a PM on the day the contest starts. You are to look at the books; figure out the grades and reply to that PM. This will be the same PM thread that you will use to submit all grades for all rounds. Please do not create a new PM for each grade submission.

3.) No changing of grades will be allowed once submitted. Post only one single, numerical grade for each book. If you post more than one grade (e.g. 8.5/9.0) then your submission for that round will be void. No excuses. As there will be 2 books per round, make it clear which grade is for which book. For example, say ASM #1 4.5 and on the next line say FF #12 8.0. Please don't screw this up. 2c

4.) The page quality and any noticeable defects you can not see on the book from the scan will be given for each round. Do not PM with questions. Assume that all of the books have been pressed. The scans that you will be looking at will be of the book already inside the CGC case.

5.) Points awarded will be as follows; 5 points for a direct hit, 3 points for 1 grade off, 1 point for 2 grades off and -1 point for 3 grades off. If you are 4 grades off or more, I'm going to hit the "notify moderator" button.

6.) Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers, and likely many, many more. From what we've seen in previous years, folks have been extremely generous and most people that enter will win a prize. Also,a booby prize will be given for last place. Last place is defined as the person who has participated in all the rounds and has the lowest score. You can not sign up, do nothing and win the booby prize.

7.) And, of course, I can never forget to offer my special thanks to sckao, who in previous years, has been the machine behind the scenes.  It's very unlikely that he's helping this year, but the spreadsheets that you'll be seeing will all have been created by him.  So, even in his absence, he continues to help unknowingly. (worship) Thanks Shin!! (worship)

So much fun last year. In again for this year. Thank you.