• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROFESSOR MARSTON & THE WONDER WOMEN (10/27/17)
1 1

12 posts in this topic

In a superhero origin tale unlike any other, the film is the incredible true story of what inspired Harvard psychologist Dr. William Moulton Marston to create the iconic Wonder Woman character in the 1940's. While Marston's feminist superhero was criticized by censors for her 'sexual perversity', he was keeping a secret that could have destroyed him. Marston’s muses for the Wonder Woman character were his wife Elizabeth Marston and their lover Olive Byrne, two empowered women who defied convention: working with Marston on human behavior research -- while building a hidden life with him that rivaled the greatest of superhero disguises.

In Theaters October 27, 2017

Cast: Luke Evans, Rebecca Hall, Bella Heathcote, and Connie Britton.

Edited by Bosco685

7 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Will probably do better box office than 'Bladerunner 2049,' as Wonder Women appeals to both men and women. :wishluck:

But unfortunately, it will certainly not do anywhere close to the Gal Gadot Wonder Woman movie box office numbers from earlier this year, as this movie will definitely not appeal to the rabid fan boys of the super- hero and action related movies.  :frown:

Saw it last night.   It's good, but not great.  Kind of a thin story, really.  Some fun scenes in the National offices, with Marston pitching Wonder Woman, and then later interacting with co-workers.

I don't know that it will be an Oscar darling. The one standout was Rebecca Hall as his wife, Elizabeth.

Wonder Woman Creator's Granddaughter Denounces ‘Professor Marston’ Biopic

zkEKMPa.png

In a recent interview with BigFanBoy, Christie Marston spoke quite a bit about the film, and argued that it does not depict real life events. Marston claims that the film's director, Angela Robinson, chose to completely fabricate elements of the story, and did not choose to reach out to the family before writing the -script.

"No, there was no contact." Marston revealed. "In an interview, Angela Robinson said that she made the choice to not talk to anybody because she wanted to use her own ‘interpretation’. Both the depiction of the family and Wonder Woman’s origins are made up."

Marston also said that the film sexualizes the polyamorous relationship between William Marston (Luke Evans), his wife Elizabeth (Rebecca Hall), and Olive Byrne (Bella Heathcote).

"[Elizabeth] and [Olive] were as sisters." Marston explained. "This, by the way, is not from a child’s POV; I was very close to [Elizabeth] as an adult. My grandfather died before I was born, so I only know him [through] family stories. No love triangle ever even hinted at – and [Elizabeth] was very broad-minded and very open, so if it existed, she had no reason to hide it – especially from me… we discussed all aspects of life and human psychology."