• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"From Bound Volume" questions (GA)

6 posts in this topic

1. Anyone willing to guess or speculate as to how many points are deducted if tiny pinholes are the only defect from a being in a bound volume?

2. What's the highest grade a "From Bound Volume" can get?

Golden Age.     

Most books from bound volumes have other things done to them. Comic books vary in printed size from issue to issue , so most of the time the edges are trimmed so everything is nice and squared up and looks like a book.  Staples are sometimes removed, especially if the spine was trimmed. 

If the comic book is in nice shape and nothing else was done to it other than the pinholes from being sewn in, most likely you'll get a qualified grade. The numeric grade will be the same as if no sewing holes were in the book - but it will have a green label. There is for instance an Amazing Fantasy 15 in Qualified, green label 9.4 that has three ring binder holes through the book 

Thanks for trying to answer my questions.

Maybe it's just not too common for them come back blue.

I ask because of this book I have.  I just wondered if the holes were not there what would the grade be?

or maybe it's like you said it's graded as if the holes were not there like a qualified, but got a blue instead.

14621570221_3dbaf92eb7_o.thumb.jpg.5742477559597ef1f26e8b98a4c9c540.jpg

Edited by Knightsofold

There are no established rules for 'highest grade with a certain flaw'. The best anyone can answer is by personal experience. Personally, I think it is a big flaw and 5.0 is a really high grade for a Blue Label stitched book.

On ‎2017‎/‎07‎/‎23 at 9:15 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

There are no established rules for 'highest grade with a certain flaw'. The best anyone can answer is by personal experience. Personally, I think it is a big flaw and 5.0 is a really high grade for a Blue Label stitched book.

agreed