• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Airports. Canada, U.S, and $11,000 in Comics
1 1

25 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, shane1956 said:

It would be an outright sale. I'm going to see if mailing them would work best. 

Mailing is great and so so easy. (thumbsu

Consider sending expresspost with a signature or Fed Ex. 

4 hours ago, Phicks1 said:

I would like to hear more about Forest City Coins.   I was walking by them about two years ago, saw old comics among all the other stuff they have, and went inside.   But I was, shall we say, "dismissed" by staff telling me they only did email auctions and internet sales on comics.  If that has changed, I will happily return. 

I've met Andy from Forest City Coins, and I can say he's one of the most pleasant and approachable guys out there. He also has a great inventory of comics for sale.

14 minutes ago, Brock said:

I've met Andy from Forest City Coins, and I can say he's one of the most pleasant and approachable guys out there. He also has a great inventory of comics for sale.

Andy is a Prince. A cut above! The man is full of integrity. I would recommend doing business with him. Rest assured, he is fair and honest.

Edited by eccomic

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:27 PM, shane1956 said:

Hello, anyone have any experience in  bringing comics from Canada to the U.S for sale. Specifically,  I plan to fly from Toronto to New York next week with a few books (8) in my carry on bag. It looks like I will be selling to Metropolis comics . The total value of the sale will be around $11,000 U.S. Once I get the check I will deposit in my Canadian bank while still in the U.S. Any special declarations or problems I should expect? Anyone have direct experience ? There has to be a Canadian dealer in here that would know.

Thanks for the help. 

Fortunately for you, the Lester B. Pearson airport in Toronto has US Customs officials there who will pre-screen you before you leave Canada. That means you can have a relaxing flight knowing that you were already granted permission to enter the U.S. before you ever get on the plane and skip the cattle line at JFK. This also means that since you will be screened in Canada, it is less likely that standard Customs law applies to the forfeiture of assets. If you are not in compliance with US Customs law, they will probably just deny your boarding until your paperwork is filled out properly.