• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Overstreet out today, any huge movers?
1 1

45 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Isn't the new volume already out of date and obsolete for prices? 

If they are, I don't care. I can pick this book up for an entire year and always find something interesting to read.

13 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Isn't the new volume already out of date and obsolete for prices? 

Does it still max out at NM-?  Not very useful to me as the dealers I shopped at C2E2 were asking 30% or more over guide for non keys of what may or may not have been above NM-. 

I buy a copy every two years just to have as a reference and this is my buy year.  Amazon usually has discounted prices pretty quickly but the best I can find is a couple bucks off cover price.  Guess I'll wait a couple weeks to see how the prices hold up.

Actually Scooby Doo Gold Key issues are extremely hot. There are never many on sale on Ebay. Type Scooby Doo Gold Key and 47 listings come up. Add another 34 Whitman and you get a total of 81 listings. Glancing through there was a non-comic book with the Whitman search. With 30 total comics, that averages less than 3 copies for the listings. I don't know if they are rare, but they definitely sell rather quickly.

Posted this in the Bats 227 thread, but Batman 251 and Detective 411 made some pretty huge jumps from the previous year.  Sharing 1st and 2nd place respectively  as far as most expensive Batman books of the BA.  I expected both to go up, but this was still surprising. 

Capture.JPG.bb69f24fdb5adea08d52673c6d44

3 hours ago, Brian48 said:

Posted this in the Bats 227 thread, but Batman 251 and Detective 411 made some pretty huge jumps from the previous year.  Sharing 1st and 2nd place respectively  as far as most expensive Batman books of the BA.  I expected both to go up, but this was still surprising. 

Capture.JPG.bb69f24fdb5adea08d52673c6d44

Well, except for those Top 4 on your chart here, it looks like these BA Bats and 'Tec issues have pretty well flat lined on a year over year basis.  (shrug)

On 7/20/2017 at 8:54 AM, 1Cool said:

I buy a copy every two years just to have as a reference and this is my buy year.  Amazon usually has discounted prices pretty quickly but the best I can find is a couple bucks off cover price.  Guess I'll wait a couple weeks to see how the prices hold up.

I ordered a Big Big edition for the garage . . . :grin:

On July 24, 2017 at 0:13 AM, bellrules said:

Scooby Doo 1 (gold key) is now 2000 in 9.2 

I think it was 1500 last year. 25% jump seems pretty big

Yikes that seems really low to me actually, last year I paid $3,000 for a 

Scooby 9.2.  If anyone wants to unload one for $2,000 I will take all you have!

On 7/20/2017 at 11:54 AM, 1Cool said:

Same here. I use it as a baseline. Helps when I go to conventions.

Not so much as huge mover, but I do have to comment that I'm disappointed that Heavy Metal has not been added back into the price guide.  Don't know when it was excluded, but my priceguides from the late '70s/early '80s included it.  Similar adult titles like Gasm and Warren's 1984/94 are still there though so I don't know what's up with that.

On 2017-07-26 at 10:19 PM, bellrules said:

ON a side note, I just looked at listing for Amazing Spider-Man 238, and it states that the Canadian version did not come with tattoos. I can vouch that it did when I bought my copy at Mac's Milk back in the day. 

I have many a fond memory of slushes and video games at the local Mac's