• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sdcc photos
1 1

122 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Messier3499 said:

I don't know, but a good guess would be to take the high end of what you would legitimately expect it to cost, and then multiply by 2.

From my experience and knowledge, which is admittedly more focused on '70s Kirby, this is not fair. I'd say take the high end of what you'd legitimately expect it to cost, if you're realistic, and that's probably about where Bechara will have it priced. Maybe plus 20% to account for the natural variance between buyer's view and seller's view. I've bought stuff from him and seen, within the year, close comps go on Heritage for basically the same price, including the vig. YMMV

9 hours ago, Messier3499 said:

I don't know, but a good guess would be to take the high end of what you would legitimately expect it to cost, and then multiply by 2.

(thumbsu  Does that amount include the SDCC "premium" though?

This Perez Titans poster piece, along with the BWS Avengers 100 DPS posted above, is the Best in Show this year, IMO.  Honorable mention to the Conan Saga #1 cover. 

20170719_220318.jpg

20170720_141016.jpg

20170720_191701.jpg

IMG-20170719-WA0005.jpeg

I had spoken to Sergio Aragones on the phone before, but had never met him in person until yesterday.  He even spoke some Japanese to the group of Japanese conventioneers who were there to get a photo with him. (worship) 

Aragones.thumb.jpg.326d0f93149faaea76c5dcdd6a8c3a21.jpg