• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sdcc photos
1 1

122 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Great pics! Any of Romitamans booth?

That's all I got... :sorry: 

Not at the show today, but hope to make an appearance tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, Colecor said:

Thank you for the pictures.  So what is the asking price for the Perez Titans poster and the BWS Avengers 100 DPS? 

$75K for the Titans

Offers taken on the DPS, but no firm price tag.  Hearing offers have been made in the mid-to-high 5 figure range, but were not accepted. Would guess 6-figures is required but Thibodeaux doesn't seem anxious to sell, so who knows... 

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I had spoken to Sergio Aragones on the phone before, but had never met him in person until yesterday.  He even spoke some Japanese to the group of Japanese conventioneers who were there to get a photo with him. (worship) 

Aragones.thumb.jpg.326d0f93149faaea76c5dcdd6a8c3a21.jpg

That's great Gene!    Did you chat with him about your purchase a little?

3 hours ago, delekkerste said:

This Perez Titans poster piece, along with the BWS Avengers 100 DPS posted above, is the Best in Show this year, IMO.  Honorable mention to the Conan Saga #1 cover. 

Can't say I care for the look and composition of the Perez but that BWS piece looks terrific!

Edited by Bronty

21 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

How much for that Captain Marvel #29 Thanos/Drax panel page by Starlin? 

I guess it's in one of the pics above, but, I don't remember seeing it and didn't hear anything about it.  

Board member Ciorac had a Cosmic Starlin page but had sold it before I got a chance to look at it.  

28 minutes ago, Bronty said:

That's great Gene!    Did you chat with him about your purchase a little?

Talked a little about it, though, we had mostly talked about that over the phone a while back.  He showed me some pages he was working on for the latest Groo story and said that he would be drawing into the night back at his hotel room to meet the deadline.  The guy's a pro!

There were some Japanese conventioneers at his booth when I got there, and Sergio was speaking a little Japanese to them. :whatthe: 

He may secretly be The Most Interesting Man in the World. 

26 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Can't say I care for the look and composition of the Perez but that BWS piece looks terrific!

Love the Perez piece.  The composition is not for everyone, but, the colors are a big plus in this example, as is the size - it's super presentable.  Plus, having all the characters drawn in prime Perez peak perfection...gotta be one of the top 5 Perez Titans pieces out there, and I know some would say even higher.  

Of course, you could buy 3 or 4 Titans covers for the price of this one, so, there is that to consider... :juggle:   

14 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Love the Perez piece.  The composition is not for everyone, but, the colors are a big plus in this example, as is the size - it's super presentable.  Plus, having all the characters drawn in prime Perez peak perfection...gotta be one of the top 5 Perez Titans pieces out there, and I know some would say even higher.  

Of course, you could buy 3 or 4 Titans covers for the price of this one, so, there is that to consider... :juggle:   

I'd love to find the Perez cover to NTT Annual #1. One of my grails. 

28 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I hear you.    Some people might really dig it.   For my part I find it hard to get past the visual distraction caused by the nine (!) circled T's, but if that doesn't bother someone, they are no doubt getting a large and lovely piece to put on the wall.    Hopefully the right buyer finds it.