• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sdcc photos
1 1

122 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, tth2 said:

What is the Conan 23 cover?  A prelim? For $55K?!

Some insane BWS pieces! 

So, there is no price tag on the prelim for the Conan 16 cover, but it is offered at $10K.  The Conan 23 splash has two price tags on it - $55K and $60K. The running joke at the show is that $55K was last year's sticker and the $60K is this year's sticker with the automatic one year later bump in price. 

5 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

So, there is no price tag on the prelim for the Conan 16 cover, but it is offered at $10K.  The Conan 23 splash has two price tags on it - $55K and $60K. The running joke at the show is that $55K was last year's sticker and the $60K is this year's sticker with the automatic one year later bump in price. 

Gene, any chance of getting some close ups of Becharra's booth?  Thank's in advance.

4 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Love the Perez piece.  The composition is not for everyone, but, the colors are a big plus in this example, as is the size - it's super presentable.  Plus, having all the characters drawn in prime Perez peak perfection...gotta be one of the top 5 Perez Titans pieces out there, and I know some would say even higher.  

Of course, you could buy 3 or 4 Titans covers for the price of this one, so, there is that to consider... :juggle:   

Maybe the picture of the Perez piece doesn't do it justice, but I'm not a fan of it either. All the "T"'s look awkward. The coloring is not the best I've seen, (and coloring has never been Perez' greatest strengths anyway). To my eye, the symmetry seems off just enough to be visually distracting. Looks like a playing card....but hey, if you like it....  :whistle:

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

The Conan 23 splash has two price tags on it - $55K and $60K. The running joke at the show is that $55K was last year's sticker and the $60K is this year's sticker with the automatic one year later bump in price. 

Only 10% bump yoy? This market is getting tired...lol.

And yes I know that's on last year's unsold inventory. If you can't juice 10% more out of your stale stock with the help of 12 more months, that tells two stories ;)

3 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I must have missed this booth. Whose were these?

Thanks

56 minutes ago, cstojano said:

I must have missed this booth. Whose were these?

Thanks

Thibodeaux 

I'll try to take some pics tmrw...took the day off today to spend time with the family.

Have also been out all day so will try to answer missed questions when I'm in front of a bigger screen...don't even remember seeing the ASM 195 cover, for example, so will have to look closer at the photos. 

Edited by delekkerste

7 hours ago, r100comics said:

Does that say $12,000 ?

How times have changed, I sold this back in 2011 and it struggled to make $3,500...

20170720_141016.thumb.jpg.6adde108a79062

Yep...$12K 

19 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Thibodeaux 

I'll try to take some pics tmrw...took the day off today to spend time with the family.

Have also been out all day so will try to answer missed questions when I'm in front of a bigger screen...don't even remember seeing the ASM 195 cover, for example, so will have to look closer at the photos. 

hm picking up the Aston to trade for some art...