• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why did I post on Craigslist ........
1 1

21 posts in this topic

So I hadn't posted any on Craigslist for several years - until yesterday .... now I know why I hadn't placed any ads there in a while ... I`ll let y`all know if there is any more communication from this guy ........ 

1.png

2.png

45 minutes ago, manetteska said:

When I post a WTB on CL in my area I get crickets.

Not sure if it's an area difference, intelligence difference, or bot difference.

But it's fun to read.

I hadn't posted in years and gave it a shot - years ago I had decent luck , maybe 20% of contacts ended up with me making a purchase - but that was a long time ago ...... after this persons first response , I just continued with the contact to see where it would go ..... (: 

The last time I posted a general request to buy comics, I said I was buying as a private individual.  Every other buyer in driving distance posted after me, saying that they were private personal collector individuals... buying big collections and small for my personal private collection... travel to see you... paying the most for your collectibles... cash in hand! :facepalm:

I later narrowed down my request to a list of graphic novels and treasuries I needed, and got a few emails offering mostly mixed modern readers instead.  Very unsatisfying.  I find that if people are selling good stuff, they'll post it themselves to get the widest variety of offers, rather that test the waters with just one buyer.

I do sell some stuff on it. Last week I sold a hood ornament off a 50s Nash. Asked $100, settled for $70. I don't think I'd have gotten that off of ebay, plus I now have a local guy to call when I find vintage auto parts.