• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOCTOR DOOM produced by Noah Hawley (TBD)
3 3

57 posts in this topic

Legion's Noah Hawley Confirms He's Making A Doctor Doom Movie

doctordoom-1011303.jpg

Tonight, Noah Hawley has made the dream of Marvel fans worldwide come true. The Legion showrunner just confirmed he is currently developing a Doctor Doom movie for 20th Century Fox. ComicBook was at the producer's panel for Legion at San Diego Comic-Con, and Hawley had this to say:

"I'm developing a film for Fox and I'll just say two words. Doctor. Doom."

For those of you who need some convincing about the Doctor Doom movie, then you should know this; Recently, Stan Lee admitted the villain was his favorite baddie of the Marvel Universe, but the comic icon thinks Doctor Doom does get a bad rap. Last year, Lee was asked by fan about which of Marvel's villains makes him the most excited, and he had this to say:

“I think maybe Doctor Doom. Now, I’ll tell you why: Everybody has Doctor Doom misunderstood. Everybody thinks he’s a criminal, but all he wants is to rule the world. Now, if you really think about it objectively, you could just walk up to a police officer and you could say, ‘Excuse me, officer? I want to rule the world.’ He can’t arrest you. It’s not a crime to want to rule the world.”

He continued, explaining, “It’s unfair that he’s considered a villain. He just wants to rule the world and maybe he could do a better job of it. So, I’m very interested in Doctor Doom, and I’d like to clear his name."

Edited by Bosco685

It's sounding like this is separate from the recent news a Fantastic Four -script was being written.

THR: Noah Hawley Developing Movie About 'Fantastic Four' Villain Doctor Doom for Fox

Fox has been looking to reboot and re-imagine the franchise after the lackluster performance of the 2015 outing, and another Fantastic Four movie would just not do, so the studio is looking at various angles. There are rumors that Seth Grahame-Smith is working on a Fantastic Four spinoff featuring Franklin Richards, the son of Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Girl.

Well here we go again. I am very interested to see a Doctor Doom movie because his story as told in FF annual 2 is quite interesting, but somehow I already know it will be an awful movie.

We shall see.

34 minutes ago, piper said:

Fox hasn't figured out how to make a comic book movie yet.  This will be no different (sadly).

I respectfully disagree.

Proof 

Logan and Deadpool which are my top favorite superhero movies of all-time were made by Fox.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

Well here we go again. I am very interested to see a Doctor Doom movie because his story as told in FF annual 2 is quite interesting, but somehow I already know it will be an awful movie.

We shall see.

It begins

61oaOB8-GOL.jpg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

29 minutes ago, piper said:

Fox hasn't figured out how to make a comic book movie yet.  This will be no different (sadly).

If not for having seen the Fargo and Legion TV shows, I would be very concerned. For right now, Noah Hawley gives me hope. He seems to be caring about how these characters come across, and keeping them somewhat linked to their character backstories.

28 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Wonder if a movie like this counts as a FF movie? Thereby resetting the movie rights clock...

I think there is still the Fantastic Four Relaunch which is based on the original -script Trank ignored, and written from Franklin and Valeria Richards' eyes seeing the heroes in action.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I think there is still the Fantastic Four Relaunch which is based on the original --script Trank ignored, and written from Franklin and Valeria Richards' eyes seeing the heroes in action.

It looks like two FF projects.

Doctor Doom movie

Franklin and Valeria Richards movie.

I think they will both work and give the FF mythos new life.

This would be incredible!

Mads Mikkelsen Would Play Doctor Doom In Fox's Solo Movie

mad-mikkelsen-as-doctor-doom-1013048.jpg

Hannibal and Rogue One star Mads Mikkelsen played the evil sorcerer Kaecillius in Marvel's Doctor Strange movie, but fans have long maintained that the Danish actor is more deserving of a bigger Marvel character role, with Doom being one of the most consistent nominations. Mikkelsen famously walked away from playing Reed Richards in the failed 2015 Fantastic Four reboot film, but it seems that experience hasn't turned him away from the franchise, entirely:

While in an interview with ScreenGeek recently, Mikkelsen affirmed that he's open to taking on a role like Doctor Doom, as super-villains getting their own solo film showcases is an interesting prospect for the actor. When asked directly if he'd be down for Doom, Mikkelsen said:

“Yeah, it’s always interesting. They are experimenting with doing some of the villain’s stories as well. Let’s see if they do that. I’m not familiar that they’ve done it with anyone yet. They haven’t done it with The Joker [and] they haven’t done it with The Penguin. So we’ll see when that day comes.”

15 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

This would make Doctor Doom a A-Lister.

This and maybe Jared Leto maybe playing Bloodshot are two of the biggest stories in the comic book movie world I heard in awhile.

This would be a great casting choice. The only problem is that I tend to have a tough time hearing Mads clearly. I use to replay many scenes over at top volume or use subtitles when watching Hannibal to understand what he was saying. I would expect Doom to have a clear & louder voice than I'm use to with Mads roles. I've never had that issue with his brother Lars.

Rumored CAPTAIN MARVEL Villain Ben Mendelsohn Says Playing Doctor Doom Would Be A Dream Role

krennic_bluesteel-1536x864-417470544669.

Mendelsohn recently appeared on the Happy Sad Confused podcast to promote his upcoming film, Darkest Hour, where he neither confirmed or denied his role in Captain Marvel.  What Medelsohn did discuss, was his love for Doctor Doom, calling him the greatest comic book character ever.]

“Doctor Doom is the greatest comic character of all time. That’s a great role. The thing that’s appealing about Victor is the damage and trauma, the loss of the family, the wrong done to him and then the takeover, the revenge, and then the protectiveness of Latveria wrapped in that Cold War vibe. There’s something about the combination of that. What actually makes him great is his caring bit."

hm