• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Sent the Wrong Box
1 1

88 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, techvoodoo said:

CGC sent someone from Sarasota to pick the books up in person. He didn't ship them back. They did give my buddy something on the order of 30 free grading credits for the help. 

:applause:

13 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Hopefully those grading credits are for any caliber book, even walkthrough only books like AF15.

I don't know exactly, they took 20 of his books back with them when they picked up the AF15s and said he can bring another 12 to a Con in Ft. Lauderdale next week for signings.

4 hours ago, grayzr said:

On over 80k yeah.

I never understood why someone wouldn't just go in person when that much money is on the line.

I get that its an inconvenience but hell, taking a day or two and paying for a flight out to Sarasota sounds like a much better idea then waiting for a package to show up, or not in this situation.

This is my worst nightmare come true  :whatthe:

No kidding ! for $80,000 i would drive to just about anywhere in the USA , or at least fly with my 3 comics with me at all times lol  !!

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

I do think that the company should reward the finder after all he has to take the responsibility to ship them back and in my opinion sweat blood until they arrive. Also if it were my books I would seek compensation for the stress what is the old saying fool me once?  I wonder if they are a member as it would be interesting hearing their side of the story.

agree!

Edited by 1950's war comics

5 hours ago, Mystafo said:

I'm sure anyone on the fence about sending CGC a big mess o' high dollar books is having a moment of pause right now!

they might have  a pause, but they probably SHOULD submit now.  I bet the supervisor ripped into someone or everyone and everyone will be EXXXXTTRAAA careful now to make sure everything is secure and right.  So this period is probably a time when everyone is being much more careful and professional, especially with the big books.

52 minutes ago, revat said:

they might have  a pause, but they probably SHOULD submit now.  I bet the supervisor ripped into someone or everyone and everyone will be EXXXXTTRAAA careful now to make sure everything is secure and right.  So this period is probably a time when everyone is being much more careful and professional, especially with the big books.

I guess it was either carelessness, in which case the person responsible may no longer work there, or a flaw in their process of packing and shipping being exposed.  

I never said that he should not be rewarded in fact I welcomed it, there are so few people that are honest these days and it's nice to know that there are MANY on this forum. Now that Marwood fella and his Homer are another matter lol.   

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I imagine when it would be reported lost, by the original owner of the AF 15's, that CGC would have kept track of his/her info and serial number of the cases. They might have then reported them stolen?

I don't think to keep the books for whatever reason would be feasable; I don't think that the AF 15's could have been easily sold if kept; if not reported stolen, I think that word would have got out, hopefully :) 

I wouldn't be so sure.  There are an awful lot of mid-grade AF 15s out there.  Even if cracked out and resubmitted right back to CGC, I'm not sure they would have been recognized.  Although if all three arrived together in one submission, they might be!

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

I never said that he should not be rewarded in fact I welcomed it, there are so few people that are honest these days and it's nice to know that there are MANY on this forum. Now that Marwood fella and his Homer are another matter lol.   

My bad sir , i miss read your post and edited mine :foryou:

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

I guess it was either carelessness, in which case the person responsible may no longer work there, or a flaw in their process of packing and shipping being exposed.  

i agree Squeggs 

one would have to think that there is likely one less CGC employee in the shipping dept .........

2 hours ago, revat said:

Great logic !!  almost for certain that the CGC shipping and receiving dept will be checking and double checking every order for awhile now........

Edited by 1950's war comics

5 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i agree Squeggs 

one would have to think that there is likely one less CGC employee in the shipping dept .........

Nobody's perfect, especially as I'm sure they are slammed with convention season, but if the employee in question has a demerit already, you're probably right.