• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are The Rarest CGC SS Celebrity Sigs
2 2

139 posts in this topic

Curious everyone's thoughts as to the rarest CGC celebrity sigs that exist. Who would you consider to be in the top group and any thoughts on estimated number of certified examples? George Lucas, Robert Downey Jr. etc. 

Edited by TomG

1 hour ago, endless117 said:

STEVE DITKO

Actual Sig Series books. We all know Ditko would be rare. Even rarer would be obtaining a witnessed sig.

There are a ton of celebrities that have only signed a couple of books for SS - it makes them rare, doesn't necessarily make them desirable.

I'm fairly certain that some of my Stargate Atlantis CGC SS books are the only copies that have the signatures of those particular celebrities, but it doesn't really mean anything to anyone outside of me (and my wife).

Anyway, for rarity & desirability, I'd say George Lucas.

"There are a ton of celebrities that have only signed a couple of books for SS - it makes them rare, doesn't necessarily make them desirable.

I'm fairly certain that some of my Stargate Atlantis CGC SS books are the only copies that have the signatures of those particular celebrities, but it doesn't really mean anything to anyone outside of me (and my wife)."

this is 100% correct. the one thing I have learned the very hard way is to wait some of these " rare " sigs out. I have over paid for ss books that were rare at the time. even been told the " yeah this actor or director said they will never be at a con again " line. only to see that they then start making regular con appearances and their ss books selling for a fraction of what I paid trying to be first to have one. I know there are acceptations but like I say most times the supply brings the price way down.

I personally met Hugh Jackman on three different occasions around 8 years ago. He autographed two X-men Comics and one Old Man Logan Giant size #1. I also helped Danny Hernandez  obtain a Hugh Jackman autograph on a Marvel Comics Presents which already had a Barry Windsor Smith autograph. I know that there are a few more out there.

20 hours ago, mschmidt said:

There are a ton of celebrities that have only signed a couple of books for SS - it makes them rare, doesn't necessarily make them desirable.

I'm fairly certain that some of my Stargate Atlantis CGC SS books are the only copies that have the signatures of those particular celebrities, but it doesn't really mean anything to anyone outside of me (and my wife).

Anyway, for rarity & desirability, I'd say George Lucas.

Would love to see your Stargate collection, just started mine, only have Richard Dean Anderson and Jason Momoa for now

2 hours ago, AllBill said:

Would love to see your Stargate collection, just started mine, only have Richard Dean Anderson and Jason Momoa for now

I don't have any books but was a big fan of the series (and cautiously optimistic about the new one). I'd love to see your books as well.

Honestly there is really no way to know for certain because CGC doesn't track that (though in my opinion they should, it seems like it would be an easy thing to track).  And I agree with littlebill, there are a lot of rare ones out there that aren't necessarily super valuable.  Case in point, this book I had done earlier this year, there are probably not many Wilford Brimley books in the registry but no one has been knocking down my door with thousand dollar offers. 

Brimley.JPG

Here is my list of guys that I have, that I consider to be rare - not always highly sought after (lol) but rare:

Roger Moore

Jim Kelly

Matt Parker and Trey Stone

Terry Gilliam

Bradley Cooper

Antonio Banderas

Willem Dafoe

Nick Cage

Rosario Dawson

Stephen King

Robert Vaughn

Ray Bradbury

Michael Moorcock

Richard Matheson

3 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Here is my list of guys that I have, that I consider to be rare - not always highly sought after (lol) but rare:

Roger Moore

Jim Kelly

Terry Gilliam

Bradley Cooper

Antonio Banderas

Willem Dafoe

Nick Cage

Rosario Dawson

Stephen King

Robert Vaughn

Ray Bradbury

Michael Moorcock

Richard Matheson

Ray Bradbury is a great one to have. If you ever get the chance, I would love to see that one.

40 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Roger Moore

Jim Kelly

Terry Gilliam

Bradley Cooper

Antonio Banderas

Willem Dafoe

Nick Cage

Rosario Dawson

Stephen King

Robert Vaughn

Ray Bradbury

Michael Moorcock

Richard Matheson

I live in Buffalo so if I was a witness I could get Jim Kelly on just about anything....assuming that was they "Jim Kelly" you were referring too

And there was a thread months ago about a bunch of Nick Cage Ghost Rider CGC books...it was specifically regarding how poor his signature was....

I'd like to see a Jeremy Irons "Alfred" cover....or Michael Cain for that matter.....hmmmmmm

There was a recent Amy Adams CGC book on eBay but CGC Green labeled it as they couldn't verify her sig even though there was a witness present....

Edited by Dwitkin82

Jamie Lee Curtis; only 1 signing I can remember being done?

Dan Aykroyd, 2-3 signings 

Jessica Alba, 1 signing

Peter Jackson, 1 signing

Downey, 2 signings I know of, not sure on how many books

JJ Abrams, 2 signings I know of

Oscar Isaac, 1 signing I know of

Ahhhnold, 2 signings

Jesse the body Ventura, 1 signing

Bill Duke, 1 signing

Stallone, 1 signing I believe

Im sure there have been ALOT more cool/limited signings I am not privy to, but these come to mind?

Edited by SharpComics.com

3 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Roger Moore

Jim Kelly

Terry Gilliam

Bradley Cooper

Antonio Banderas

Willem Dafoe

Nick Cage

Rosario Dawson

Stephen King

Robert Vaughn

Ray Bradbury

Michael Moorcock

Richard Matheson

I would be more than happy to buy your robert vaughn book or ray bradbury book or terry Gilliam book if you ever decide to sell them.  I am sure all those books would sell very easily because they are all super rare.  You always have a way of showing you are truly one of the best SS collectors