• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are The Rarest CGC SS Celebrity Sigs
2 2

139 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SharpComics.com said:

Jamie Lee Curtis; only 1 signing I can remember being done?

Dan Aykroyd, 2-3 signings 

Jessica Alba, 1 signing

Peter Jackson, 1 signing

Downey, 2 signings I know of, not sure on how many books

JJ Abrams, 2 signings I know of

Oscar Isaac, 1 signing I know of

Ahhhnold, 2 signings

Jesse the body Ventura, 1 signing

Bill Duke, 1 signing

Stallone, 1 signing I believe

Im sure there have been ALOT more cool/limited signings I am not privy to, but these come to mind?

Dan Aykroyd isnt as rare as one would believe I set up the first aykroyd signing many years ago and did 30 books.  so with both signings and his genorisity towards fans there are around 50.  Arnold also signing alot so even though he is desirable his sig isn't rare.  everybody else on your list is rare.  Oh and where did bill duke and Jesse Ventura sign

3 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Here is my list of guys that I have, that I consider to be rare - not always highly sought after (lol) but rare:

Roger Moore

Jim Kelly

Matt Parker and Trey Stone

Terry Gilliam

Bradley Cooper

Antonio Banderas

Willem Dafoe

Nick Cage

Rosario Dawson

Stephen King

Robert Vaughn

Ray Bradbury

Michael Moorcock

Richard Matheson

Would LOVE to hear about a Moorcock signing op.

6 hours ago, Dwitkin82 said:

I live in Buffalo so if I was a witness I could get Jim Kelly on just about anything....assuming that was they "Jim Kelly" you were referring too

And there was a thread months ago about a bunch of Nick Cage Ghost Rider CGC books...it was specifically regarding how poor his signature was....

I'd like to see a Jeremy Irons "Alfred" cover....or Michael Cain for that matter.....hmmmmmm

There was a recent Amy Adams CGC book on eBay but CGC Green labeled it as they couldn't verify her sig even though there was a witness present....

lol 

Jim Kelly from Enter the Dragon and Three the Hard Way.

7 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Here is my list of guys that I have, that I consider to be rare - not always highly sought after (lol) but rare:

Roger Moore

Jim Kelly

Matt Parker and Trey Stone

Terry Gilliam

Bradley Cooper

Antonio Banderas

Willem Dafoe

Nick Cage

Rosario Dawson

Stephen King

Robert Vaughn

Ray Bradbury

Michael Moorcock

Richard Matheson

Dawson was at several shows last year - you need to come out more :baiting:

daredevil-v3-1-cgc-9.8-ss-copya-f.jpg

Edited by mschmidt

16 hours ago, Dwitkin82 said:

I live in Buffalo so if I was a witness I could get Jim Kelly on just about anything....assuming that was they "Jim Kelly" you were referring too

And there was a thread months ago about a bunch of Nick Cage Ghost Rider CGC books...it was specifically regarding how poor his signature was....

I'd like to see a Jeremy Irons "Alfred" cover....or Michael Cain for that matter.....hmmmmmm

There was a recent Amy Adams CGC book on eBay but CGC Green labeled it as they couldn't verify her sig even though there was a witness present....

Pretty sure he means karate Jim Kelly

28 minutes ago, Taxmick1 said:

Didn't Jim Kelly (Enter the Dragon) die in 2013?

Yes.  That is why it is rare.  I only recall ever seeing one signing opp with him not too long before he passed.  I can't tell if you are f-ing with me or not.

31 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Yes.  That is why it is rare.  I only recall ever seeing one signing opp with him not too long before he passed.  I can't tell if you are f-ing with me or not.

Not at all - I just remember his death 4 years ago ... I would also like a CGC SS book with his signature (and John Saxon). 

1 hour ago, Taxmick1 said:

Not at all - I just remember his death 4 years ago ... I would also like a CGC SS book with his signature (and John Saxon). 

:foryou:

Me too. I missed Saxon. He was available at least once.

There are a ton of one-offs...but again it may be due to desirability and not difficulty to get. There's really no "LIST" that anyone could make because no one is privy to all the books signed and I don't think CGC has a way to look up the name of a creator or celebrity and see how many books they've signed.

And like LittleBill said, what's rare today may not be rare tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, ss5rmp said:

Hes still alive right? Doesn't do signings? 

He has been at one (and maybe a couple) of Hollywood shows, if memory serves. Plus I haven't been too active the last two years so that is per my 2014-5 knowledge. :smile:

9 hours ago, TheRealVenom said:

I saw someone on here had a CGC SS with Leo Dicaprio. That one was impressive. I'd love to hear the story of how that one got done. I'mm thinking its pretty rare.

It was also a "little loop" on a Django cover.....wish it was an actual written sig but very special nonetheless....