• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are The Rarest CGC SS Celebrity Sigs
2 2

139 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

It was also a "little loop" on a Django cover.....wish it was an actual written sig but very special nonetheless....

I wish these were different as well but beggars can not be choosers when dealing with what probably was a fast and furious situation.........

90621919-5522-4F7F-8C4C-1CDD1935A345_zps 99FA5116-C45B-4E7B-9785-22EF8C1CA649_zps

1 hour ago, ivdyer said:

I wish these were different as well but beggars can not be choosers when dealing with what probably was a fast and furious situation.........

90621919-5522-4F7F-8C4C-1CDD1935A345_zps 

Ivdyer- seriously what don't you have...how the **** did you get this and when is Ash doing his thing?

I seriously hate you.......lol

Edited by Dwitkin82

6 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Ivdyer- seriously what don't you have...how the **** did you get this and when is Ash doing his thing?

I seriously hate you.......lol

The comic gods were smiling on me and I picked this up several months before SDCC......I know Doug Peters had a buyer at $7,000 and Torrey sold one for $5,000 at SDCC....I did not pay near that much for this book nor would I pay that much for his signature....that's crazy in my opinion. 

......and yes, its on Ash's docket of covers he will be doing.  We have already mocked this cover up.  Challenging to work around the signature placement but he has some cool ideas.  

1 hour ago, ivdyer said:

The comic gods were smiling on me and I picked this up several months before SDCC......I know Doug Peters had a buyer at $7,000 and Torrey sold one for $5,000 at SDCC....I did not pay near that much for this book nor would I pay that much for his signature....that's crazy in my opinion. 

......and yes, its on Ash's docket of covers he will be doing.  We have already mocked this cover up.  Challenging to work around the signature placement but he has some cool ideas.  

$7000 and $5000...........absolutely not......$500 maybe......not me personally but I could see it.......

As a former chaser and someone who knows chasers, it saddens me to see these "get away from me" hurried scribbles. That's a "B". That's a
"loop". My buddy in one weekend got Peter Dinklage and Andrew Lincoln on blanks and they were both essentially check marks.  Also, Howard Chaykin should be ashamed of himself. :-)

this type of thing is what I was talking about when I made my previous post. lets say that ca announces next week that affleck is signing with them. if what was stated was paid for an affleck sig that person could buy five or six at that price. hell they could even have the sig put on a book of their choosing.

I know that everyone wants the hot stuff. its always been that way in collecting. sell all of your rookie cards you paid top dollar for last year to get the hot ryan leaf rookie at top dollar this year.

the whole thing is shocking to me. pay ten times what an affleck ss is worth while at the same time a frazetta ss is available for half the affleck price. there is some saying I remember that states something about a fool and his money parting ways in a quick manner 

1 hour ago, littlebill said:

this type of thing is what I was talking about when I made my previous post. lets say that ca announces next week that affleck is signing with them. if what was stated was paid for an affleck sig that person could buy five or six at that price. hell they could even have the sig put on a book of their choosing.

I know that everyone wants the hot stuff. its always been that way in collecting. sell all of your rookie cards you paid top dollar for last year to get the hot ryan leaf rookie at top dollar this year.

the whole thing is shocking to me. pay ten times what an affleck ss is worth while at the same time a frazetta ss is available for half the affleck price. there is some saying I remember that states something about a fool and his money parting ways in a quick manner 

it is what it is more often than not.  I am extremely happy I paid significantly less than what they sold for at SDCC.  I struck when the iron was not hot so to speak.  Its the same with 1:1000 variants.  Venom #6 when released was soaring in the 4-8K range but now that the hype is gone and worse McFarlane will not sign the book you can get them in the 1K-1500 range, still expensive but no where near previously stated.   Patience is key but that means sometimes you lose out, I have many times.    

6 hours ago, Dwitkin82 said:

$7000 and $5000...........absolutely not......$500 maybe......not me personally but I could see it.......

That is why you would probably never own one.  That is an impossible sig to get and even more impossible on a comic and even for impossible with SS clearance.  and top it with being a 9.8.  My personal believe is it is a 2500 dollar sig.  Unless he signs with celeb authentics.  Arnold was 550 on your own item plus grading and shipping and he signed over 100 items probably over 200.  One offs with super rare super desirable creators or celebs are worth way more than 500.00  

seems like when frank miller first started signing again his ss books were selling for big money based on his past. I love miller and his work. I'm glad I held my mud on those prices.

I think the only person with more ss books on the bay right now than miller might be stan

to each there own. if someone feels their 9.8 miller they paid 500 for is a nicer book than the same ones on the bay for 250 that's awesome. its all about building your collection and being happy with it.

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

I believe there are 13 Mike Judges. hm

How did his mother tell them apart?

6 minutes ago, somewhereintexas said:

I don't think there are many of these out there.  Wish I had held on to it.

wel_back_kotter_1_ss94.jpg

It is in a very good home, George.

Edited by seanfingh