• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are The Rarest CGC SS Celebrity Sigs
2 2

139 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2017 at 10:51 AM, seanfingh said:

I have one.  I think it was one of yours, Chris.

Yes! That's where it went!

21 hours ago, seanfingh said:

I got a Kiel done when he was at Cincinnati. It is a Sean Forney "Jaws" sketch cover.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=19047&GSub=248

The "birds" in silhouette make that piece perfect. 

I've been lurking...

@mschmidt What is meant by the term "chased"?

@seanfingh You always turn the volume up to '11' - I am always impressed. 

As far as desirable and rare?

Bradbury, Frazetta and Harrison Ford immediately come to mind.  I wish I had picked up a Nimoy signature when I had the chance. 

Honorable mention does go to Voldemort and the other guys.  By their standards they certified the signature of a US President on a comic book.  This is not a political thread and is not meant to be turned into one.  By my standards though, that is very impressive and ridiculously cool. 

Super Honorable Mention - There are only two books certified with my name on it.  (I did two of the DC coloring book covers) Those are in my personal collection and aren't going anywhere. lol 

4 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Hey Buzz - Michael can chime in, but "chased" means paparazzi style laying in wait and/or following around celebs for sigs.

So the people across the street have done that before with a sig witness?  That is disgusting if true.  Every now and then around NY and even more rare but it happens here on LI you will see a "celebrity".  Most people leave them alone.  I cannot imagine chasing them down for an autograph when they are on "their" time. 

On 9/1/2017 at 9:44 AM, Buzzetta said:

So the people across the street have done that before with a sig witness?  That is disgusting if true.  Every now and then around NY and even more rare but it happens here on LI you will see a "celebrity".  Most people leave them alone.  I cannot imagine chasing them down for an autograph when they are on "their" time. 

Yes, chased sigs are allowed by Voldy. So are self-witnessed signatures in general. And, apparently, based on the latest brouhaha over there, some random guy who needed a stack of books signed was told at a show to simply sign a piece of paper which then allowed him to witness all his own books :screwy:

Their signature program is a joke.

5 hours ago, mschmidt said:

Yes, chased sigs are allowed by Voldy. So are self-witnessed signatures in general. And, apparently, based on the latest brouhaha over there, some random guy who needed a stack of books signed was told at a show to simply sign a piece of paper which then allowed him to witness all his own books :screwy:

Their signature program is a joke.

Thanks Mike... and that is pretty farcical.  I applaud their original intent behind verified much in the way that Steiner has an authenticity team for unwitnessed sports autographs but am disappointed as to what Voldy's guys are allowing it to turn into.