• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Strange Tales 107

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone -- first post here! After 35+ years in storage, my comic collection has again seen the light of day. This is one of the nicer SA books that I picked up as a kid. Obviously it has some flaws, but I'm curious to know what people think.  The tear in the 12c circle is 1/2" long. Thanks! 

ST-107-front.jpg

ST-107-upperleft.jpg

ST-107-upperright.jpg

ST-107-rightchip.jpg

ST-107-rear.jpg

1 hour ago, dougp66 said:

Thanks, guys... I was hoping for a bit higher but definitely appreciate your input. This is really helpful as I try to improve my grading skills.

At first glance it looked 7.0 but the flaws kept adding up. IMO, the tear on the staple is especially bad and pushes it below 6.0 . 5.5 sounds about right.  

22 hours ago, dougp66 said:

So... after more than 2 1/2 years, I bit the bullet and sent this to FL for pressing & slabbing. Very happy with the result! Not quite sure how a tear like that is consistent with a 7.0, but I'm not complaining :bigsmile:

I was at 6.5, but I can see why it received a 7.0...  :golfclap: