• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC: After 48 years, the shocking downfall.
2 2

171 posts in this topic

Not necessarily of particular to anyone else but I have always wanted to attend SDCC even now as it has migrated to so much more entertainment.  In 1978, when I was a starting high school, my dad went to San Diego for his naval reserves two week active duty.  I begged him to go to the convention and buy me a copy of Avengers #93 as I needed that book for my collection.  He said he went but the prices were just too high - I doubt he really went since he has always been a tightwad (said with still much love).  I picked this program up recently just as remembrance of the first SDCC, I probably didn't even vicariously attend. lol 

Oh but I do have a few copies of Avengers #93 now - not purchased at SDCC.  So one day, if my health and funds permit, I will attend.

597cbe7f1ffbe_1978sandiegocomic-conprogramnn.thumb.jpg.1f818fb2ed13fb54d1fd72fd160d069e.jpg

2 hours ago, telerites said:

I begged him to go to the convention and buy me a copy of Avengers #93 as I needed that book for my collection. 

Oh but I do have a few copies of Avengers #93 now - not purchased at SDCC.

Oh, I still remember back in the day when the Avengers 93 was definitely one of the must have BA books that all serious collectors just had to have in their collection.  :luhv:

Unfortunately, definitely not the case anymore as it seemingly has become one of the lost and forgotten former BA keys, even with the square bound 52 pages of absolutely amazing Adams artwork from cover to cover.  :frown:

Hope you make it to SDCC one day in the near future.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

16 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Spring break, my senior year in high school, my best friend and I drove from LA to SF via Highway1 in his mom's '55 T Bird convertible. Epic trip! We were kings of the road! 

Was that a concept car? The '55 was due out for a few years when you were a senior.

16 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Spring break, my senior year in high school, my best friend and I drove from LA to SF via Highway1 in his mom's '55 T Bird convertible. Epic trip! We were kings of the road! 

This one has a top and the port windows but it's a sweet ride in any form. (thumbsu

IMG_0219.thumb.JPG.24f6a30ba1093f1cd0db50d4cd2885a6.JPG

9 minutes ago, woowoo said:
2 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Nice whitewalls

I like Superman 1 better :gossip:

Well, if that's the case, then it must be your lucky day as I heard there's 3 of them in the upcoming CC auction next month.  :gossip:

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if that's the case, then it must be your lucky day as I heard there's 3 of them in the upcoming CC auction next month.  :gossip:

I already have 3 copy's:popcorn:

2 hours ago, woowoo said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I already have 3 copy's:popcorn:

Well, it never hurts to have another 3 and then you'll have half a dozen of them.  9_9