• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC: After 48 years, the shocking downfall.
2 2

171 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

not charge to get in for ANYBODY, charge dealers lower table prices(just the cost of set up).

Mitch;

You've got to stop day dreaming all the time and get back to the real world with the rest of us here.  zzz

Either that, or can you pick up another copy of Action 1 for us for $1,801?  :takeit:

54 minutes ago, N e r V said:

So in a few years (3-4) you'll be able to catch the trolley from downtown to La Jolla if you don't want to drive.

No way because that's where all the fun is.

Driving along the Coast Highway enjoying the view with the wind blowing through your hair and a stack of pre-Robin 'Tec's in the back seat of the car.  (thumbsu 

Ahhh.....it would be so nice to be back in 1991 again.  :cloud9:

Edited by lou_fine

9 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I have always justified the cost of San Diego in a very simple way...

The booth costs less than one month's rent in one of my stores. The extra expenses (housing, food, staff) are similar or less than one month's fixed costs (electricity, phones, payroll) in one of my stores. The sales totals are usually the same or more that one month's sales in one of my stores. As long as that holds true I will continue setting up.

Very practical method of looking at it. :golfclap:

18 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

No way because that's where all the fun is.

Driving along the Coast Highway enjoying the view with the wind blowing through your hair and a stack of pre-Robin 'Tec's in the back seat of the car.  (thumbsu 

Ahhh.....it would be so nice to be back in 1991 again.  :cloud9:

Try heading up highway 1 from Santa Barbara sometime in a convertible or sports car...

19 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Terry Stroud's stuff was at the show but probably covered with a blanket most of the time...

lol

For me, THIS is San Diego!

The day you don't see Terry's blanket anymore, is the day San Diego is officially OVER!!

Terry's got to be grandfathered in at 1970 SDCC dealer table fees or he is like that rich, eccentric uncle of yours or probably BOTH!!

2 hours ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:

Just don't drive too far north. About 1/4 mile of it is buried by a landslide near Big Sur

Spring break, my senior year in high school, my best friend and I drove from LA to SF via Highway1 in his mom's '55 T Bird convertible. Epic trip! We were kings of the road! 

13 hours ago, DanCooper said:

lol

For me, THIS is San Diego!

The day you don't see Terry's blanket anymore, is the day San Diego is officially OVER!!

Terry's got to be grandfathered in at 1970 SDCC dealer table fees or he is like that rich, eccentric uncle of yours or probably BOTH!!

I see Terry all the time on the local flea market "circuit". Believe me, he isn't rich. Very eccentric though. He seems satisfied with his take at SDCC. I don't know how. He long ago sold all his good books and his booth is only open about 1/2 the whole show. I think him and Bud Plant are the only dealers who have done every one!

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I see Terry all the time on the local flea market "circuit". Believe me, he isn't rich. Very eccentric though. He seems satisfied with his take at SDCC. I don't know how. He long ago sold all his good books and his booth is only open about 1/2 the whole show. I think him and Bud Plant are the only dealers who have done every one!

He does the LA paperback show too

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Robot Man why don't you delete your sig pic from photobucket and upload it on this site so we can see your sig line. Grab a pic of your pc to upload here

Edited by woowoo

7 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Robot Man why don't you delete your sig pic from photobucket and upload it on this site so we can see your sig line. Grab a pic of your pc to upload here

I didn't know I could. It disappeared when the change occurred.  I don't think I've seen anybody else have one at the bottom of their posts like on the old boards. I kind of figured you had all seen it enough anyway. I'll see what I can do.

14 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I didn't know I could. It disappeared when the change occurred.  I don't think I've seen anybody else have one at the bottom of their posts like on the old boards. I kind of figured you had all seen it enough anyway. I'll see what I can do.

go to settings than Signature settings than highlight you old pic and hit the backspace than go to choose file find a pic on your pc and use it.

I had to this today when I lost my signature pic

P.s you have to turn view signature on.

Edited by woowoo

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

go to settings than Signature settings than highlight you old pic and hit the backspace than go to choose file find a pic on your pc and use it.

I had to this today when I lost my signature pic

P.s you have to turn view signature on.

Why don't I see it here under your post like it was on the old boards?

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I see it.Go umderneath the 'heart'-old like button,and click the small x.You may have sigs turned off.

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I see them all. Go to settings than signatures turn view signature on.

Untitled.jpg

settings.jpg

Edited by woowoo

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Well, hot dog fellas, it's back. Back to getting all those "how much?" PMs...

Not sure how you guys can work with those Signature settings back on.  ???

I just retied them again and the posts are completely overwhelmed by the signatures which can take up almost the entire area of the post.  Way too hard to filter through everything just to see the actual posted comments themselves.  (shrug)