• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
2 2

162 posts in this topic

Greetings   fellow  page sniffers!

So  when  all was  done,   Cat  chose the  sleek  black  stove  with  the  built in  center  grill  on  the range top,  I stepped  up  and paid  for  delivery,  and  did  the range  hood  and  gas line  installation  myself.   But  that  dug pretty deep,   so  I'm  listing  a  few  books  to  help  dig  out.   To  add  a cherry on top,   she  just  got new  tires   all around  on  the  car,   and  wouldn't  you know,  it needs   new  tie  rods  and  an  alignment.  Sigh...

Well,  on  with  the fun   part.  Let's  sell  a  few  funnybooks,  shall we?

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me and we'll work something out.

:takeit: rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$7  Priority flat shipping to the USA,  one book or a stack.  Canada or overseas to be determined.  For the bargainminded  I can ship up to about three books  First Class for  $4

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Brave and the Bold  37

Early   appearance of   Suicide  Squad.

Some  general  wear,   tiny  corner off lower  RH  FC,  couple  small tears  at  staples  BC. 

Perfectly  nice  lower  grade  copy,  and  a rerun  from  a previous  thread.    The  other 5  B & B  appearances  are gone,  let's  price  this one to  MOVE!

Asking  $15

tKovucH.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Archie's  Pal  Jughead 32

General  wear,   couple  small tears interior,  couple  tears  and  chipping  LH  edge BC,   bit of soiling/staining  upper  FC  in  logo.

$8  takes it

NnwRi0X.jpg

The Cat  #1

Bit  of  general  wear  on  a  flat  tight  copy.   Good  gloss, white pages. 

Asking $15

bCSITKp.jpg

Wilbur  Comics 61

Nice  Katy  Keene  story,   dolls  all intact,  plus  the  usual  Wilbur  and  Laurie  hi-jinx.   For  some  reason   I  don't  see these mid-50's   issues  anywhere near  as often  as  I  see the  earlier ones. 

Flat,   clean,   square,   tight  with  white  pages,    good  gloss,   a bit  of  general wear. 

Nice one for $20

Hg4AwOf.jpg

Lorna  The Jungle  Girl  14

Plenty  of  general  wear,   1-1/2"  split  lower  spine,   couple  other small tears  along spine. Tight  with  white pages,  and  Our  Jungle  Heroine  is  lookin' good!

Cover  by  Vince  Colletta  and   Joe Maneely,   Interiors  by  Jay  Scott Pike  and  Syd Shores. 

Grab  an  affordable  copy  for  $15   SOLD!

DQ2BePs.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Mad Magazine 43

This  issue  by  The Usual  Gang  Of  insufficiently_thoughtful_persons,   which this time  around   includes  a three page  spread by Wally Wood.

Flat  and  square,   nice  gloss,   bit  of  general  wear  and  a small split upper  spine.  Offwhite pages,   and  this issue is  too early  for  the BC  to  be  a fold in,  so  it's  as nice  as  the front. 

Yours  for  $20

3mxDgVe.jpg

Strange  Tales  135

First  app  Nice  Fury,  Agent of  S.H.I.E.L.D.,    beginning  of  the  classic  spy series,  plus  Dr.  Strange  by  the great  Steve  Ditko. 

This  copy  is  fairly  affordable,   do  to  a  good  amount  of  general  wear,  but the book  is  still  tight,  flat,   clean,  with decent gloss  and  white pages.

This  was  my  personal  copy  for quite  a  while,  but  I  snagged  an upgrade  over  the  spring  so  out it comes. 

Grab  a  rock  solid  copy  for $60

bCUbjS3.jpg

Movie  Tunes 3

1946 Timely,   only   issue  under  this title.   Becomes   Frankie  Comics (Teen  humor)  with issue 4.

Tight  and  flat  enough,  but  multiple  light  stains   on FC,   and  the lower  RH  corner  has  some  teensy  nibbles  out,   and  the  upper BC  along  the spine  has  another  chew,   about 1/4" by 1"  vertical,  top of  spine.  CF  is  loose,   and  the  edge  is rough,   with paper loss that brushes  the  art  in  a  couple  spots.

Rerun  from   a  previous  thread,   $10  takes it.

gRl3aVw.jpg

Okay,   one  more item,   then  it's  time  for  a dinner break. 

The Monster  Times  V1  #10.   EC  issue!      Pretty much  the entire issue  is  devoted  to  EC  Comics,   with plenty  of articles   and  an  interview  with   Bill Gaines  and  Al  Feldstein,   and  the  center   fold  is  printed  on  better  stock,    and  has  a  double  page  reproduction  of  TFTC  38  front  cover...with gore  that  was  edited out  of  the published  cover.  Great  issue  in  great  shape.  

Asking  $20  SOLD!

W9MZmeT.jpg                                    

Edited by catrick339

26 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Okay,   one  more item,   then  it's  time  for  a dinner break. 

The Monster  Times  V1  #10.   EC  issue!      Pretty much  the entire issue  is  devoted  to  EC  Comics,   with plenty  of articles   and  an  interview  with   Bill Gaines  and  Al  Feldstein,   and  the  center   fold  is  printed  on  better  stock,    and  has  a  double  page  reproduction  of  TFTC  38  front  cover...with gore  that  was  edited out  of  the published  cover.  Great  issue  in  great  shape.  

Asking  $20  firm

W9MZmeT.jpg                                    

:takeit:

18 minutes ago, tricolorbrian said:

Doesn't that Monster times have comments from Wertham in it too?

A  quick  glance  through  didn't  find  anything  BY  Wertham,   but  there  were  certainly  some    ABOUT     him.