• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
2 2

162 posts in this topic

Sure enough.   I  was  looking  for something  by  him  written  for  the issue,  either  a  letter   or  a  comment  on  one  of  the interviews. They  reproduced  the  entire  letter,  reduced  to  fit  in  the width  of  one  column.

Edited by catrick339

2 minutes ago, tricolorbrian said:

I got a dang good memory, huh?  I haven't read that issue since I bought it off the stands...of course, I couldn't tell you what i had for dinner yesterday...

lol

Same here  :D

Archie's  Christmas  Stocking  2,  second in the Archie  Giant  series

General  wear,   some  spine  roll,    splits upper  and  lower  spine FC  and  upper  spine  BC,  none  longer  than  an inch.  2"  tear  lower   BC, couple  rough  edges  on  interior  pages,  looks like  the  book  was  misfolded   before trimming  and  young  Billy   opened  up  the  folds  with   a  clumsy  thumb,   lol      Doesn't  come   near  the  art.     Solid  spine,   all  pages  firmly  attached,  offwhite - white.  One  more  interior  page  with  a  3"  vertical  tear,   gets into  the  art  a bit,  5 puzzle  pages  done in ink,   another  done in pencil.

Solid  reader  copy  for  $27  under   O'street  G,     asking  $50   SOLD!

od4TQSa.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Lorna  The Jungle  Girl  20

Big ol'  spine  roll  on this one,  plus  general  wear.     Tight enough,   with  white pages

Asking  $10  SOLD!

RiCcD1z.jpg

Edited by catrick339

18 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Archie's  Christmas  Stocking  2,  second in the Archie  Giant  series

General  wear,   some  spine  roll,    splits upper  and  lower  spine FC  and  upper  spine  BC,  none  longer  than  an inch.  2"  tear  lower   BC, couple  rough  edges  on  interior  pages,  looks like  the  book  was  misfolded   before trimming  and  young  Billy   opened  up  the  folds  with   a  clumsy  thumb,   lol      Doesn't  come   near  the  art.     Solid  spine,   all  pages  firmly  attached,  offwhite - white.  One  more  interior  page  with  a  3"  vertical  tear,   gets into  the  art  a bit,  5 puzzle  pages  done in ink,   another  done in pencil.

Solid  reader  copy  for  $27  under   O'street  G,     asking  $50

od4TQSa.jpg

:takeit:

Mad  Magazine  44

This  is   my  favorite  early  issue  of  the magazine,  I'll show you  why  in  a minute.

First,   book  is  flat  and  square,   clean  with  tight  spine  and  CF,   no  bends on the BC,  this issue  is  before  the  fold ins  started,. 

Small  splits  upper  and  lower  spine,   otherwise  quite   a nice  copy 

Here's  why  it's  my  favorite.    The  FC  is  by  Kelly  Freas,  and  a gorgeous  Christmas  cover,   The BC  is  ALSO  by   Kelly  Freas,  and  another  gorgeous  Christmas  cover,  this   time   a  lovely  portrait  of   Alfred's  girlfriend,    Moxie.

Both   are  posted  below,   enjoy!

Asking  $30  SOLD!

8DgcqPT.jpg

v9lO7gY.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Startling  Terror  Tales 7

Bit  of  spine  roll,  some  general  wear.  Upper  staple  doesn't  show  as  rusty,  but  there's  a  touch  of migration  to  the  inside.   Nice  L B  Cole  cover  on  a  copy  with  tight  spine  and CF,   good  gloss,   white pages.

Asking  $60  SOLD!

iEZqV6S.jpg

Edited by catrick339
mistyped "staple"

2 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Startling  Terror  Tales 7

Bit  of  spine  roll,  some  general  wear.  Upper  staple  doesn't  show  as  rusty,  but  there's  a  touch  of migration  to  the  inside.   Nice  L B  Cole  cover  on  a  copy  with  tight  spine  and CF,   good  gloss,   white pages.

Asking  $60

iEZqV6S.jpg

I'll take it

Archie 75

Nice  copy,   flat  and  clean,   tight  spine  and  CF,   good  gloss,   white pages.  A touch  of  general  wear,   and that's it.

Asking  $30  SOLD!

V15nuX9.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Whiz  Comics  136

General  wear,    sub-type  crease  FC,   two  tears  upper  FC,  tear  lower  and  LH BC,  none  bigger  than  an inch or so. Several  small  tears   along  spine.  Small ink name   FC.  That  said, it's  flat  and  clean,  still  tight  with  white  pages,  a solid  reader.

Take it home  for  $30

GzzUrXk.jpg

Batman  181,  1st  Poison  Ivy

Well,   my  last  copy  sold  almost  instantaneously,   so  I  dug out my  other undercopy.

Flat  and  square,  but   subscription  crease,   some  general  wear.   Decent  gloss,    tight  spine  and  CF, which is not only  present  but  firmly  attached,    white  pages.  The  last  copy  sold  quickly  even  with  the piece out of  the upper  FC  for  $75,  let's  see how  this one  does.

Asking  $140   SOLD!

4O6rLMJ.jpg

Edited by catrick339

6 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Batman  181,  1st  Poison  Ivy

Well,   my  last  copy  sold  almost  instantaneously,   so  I  dug out my  other undercopy.

Flat  and  square,  but   subscription  crease,   some  general  wear.   Decent  gloss,    tight  spine  and  CF, which is not only  present  but  firmly  attached,    white  pages.  The  last  copy  sold  quickly  even  with  the piece out of  the upper  FC  for  $75,  let's  see how  this one  does.

Asking  $140

4O6rLMJ.jpg

take

26 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Archie 75

Nice  copy,   flat  and  clean,   tight  spine  and  CF,   good  gloss,   white pages.  A touch  of  general  wear,   and that's it.

Asking  $30

V15nuX9.jpg

take

Kathy 24,  The Teen-age  Tornado

Small  piece out  upper spine  FC,   tiny  corner off upper  LH BC.  some  general  wear,    lower spine  split  to first  staple.    Looks   great,    close up  not  quite  so  much.    Flat and  square,   cover  still  firmly  attached,  tight  CF,   white pages.

Take it  for  $15

hi7npCX.jpg

Edited by catrick339
Wups, wrong scan

True  War  Romances 20

Couple  small  tears,  couple small water  spots,   otherwise  glossy   and flat,   tight  with  white pages. 

Asking  $15

OqxnpTF.jpg