• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,097 posts in this topic

Excellent report of what looks as fun as comic cons used to be!

Batman #34. Being a biker, I collect motorcycle covers and toys as well. This was a consolation prize. I wanted my friend Jim Maley's #25 but it had a severe spine split and was a bit over priced so I got this one instead from him for about one third the price of the 25. I will land a 25 one of these days. It's not a rare issue. I'm a happy boy.

Speaking of motorcycle covers... I found this cool Abbott and Costello out in the patio buried in a box for 5 bucks. Never seen it before. Pays to box dive in un-expected places guys...

combatman34.jpg

comabbott&costello33.jpg

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I have always liked this EC Gunfighter #14 just haven't had one for a long time. I picked this up for a real fair price. I am sure I will up grade it in the future. Nothing like a little Johnny Craig bondage!

comgunfighter14.jpg

I love this cover.  Still haven't got one yet.

2 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

great books  ! great report Bob! :headbang: Was so much fun! 

and thanks again  for this delicious Daredevil #6 :devil: the cover is just too good

IMG_8430.JPG

Thanks Pablo, great meeting you. Yeah, that's a great Biro Daredevil cover. If I hadn't upgraded it, it would still be in my junk pile!

10 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Just ask these boardies. Well worth getting out of the cold and coming out next year. So many books and great people. Honestly it is a blur.

I gotta make it one of the years.  Great con report and pictures. 

Jeff from Washington had an amazing selection of tough old books to choose from.  His former partner Cloud 9 owner Ken Dyber was walking the floor shopping like there was no tomorrow purchasing amazing books for his store. Ted Van Liew from Superworld and wife Lisa were as nice as can be and easy to deal with. Every golden age dealer there was on their A game,  and the same goes for the collectors as well. Bravo chaps and lassies! Spunky o' righty then Mr O'Neil! Beans up!

Edited by Cobbledclam
Spelling and grammatical errors

On 1/29/2018 at 6:06 PM, Robot Man said:

Jeff is a boardie from up in Washington. I forgot his board name.Always has just killer stuff and one of the best guys to deal with in the room. He picked up a copy of Frankenstein #1 that was the best copy I have ever seen. He was off the hook happy and I don't blame him. Such a rare book.

Who says all the GA guys are all a bunch of geezers? I saw LOTS of younger guys spending good money on GA in the room. This hobby is in good hands my friends!

IMG_2153.jpg

This dealer had a killer 7.0 Fight 31 with really nice paper at the top of the rack,my fav decap war book

23 hours ago, manetteska said:

Awesome report, RM. Love the wall pics and the boardie pics.

Missed this show (maybe next year?) but flying out that way for WonderCon in March. Are you setting up?

Not setting up at WonderCon. This show about kills me...besides, my boxes are a little thin after Terry's. I'd have to dig deep into the personal junk pile and you don't want me to have to do that do you?  :devil:  I'll be there with a fat wallet box diving with every body else.