• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,075 posts in this topic

Also ran into Gus from Silver Age comics out of NY. A great gut that I haven’t seen since I stopped going to SDCC. Also a fun surprise. He was sharing a booth with my good friend Ron Murray. Ron is recovering from a bad leg problem. Glad to see you looking good buddy! He was joined by the one and only Carbo!

27996530-9E55-4EAA-90D3-64A0AAE57894.jpeg

3563554A-79BE-41E1-B9C9-6F60080524AA.jpeg

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

My meager haul in no particular order. Just a fast shot. Sadly no Dynamic 8, no Ace, MLJ, Speeds or a lot of my other targets. I brought the dough but they were no where to be found. Also scarce were Baker books. This stuff is all going to auctions or being locked up in collections I guess...

A1007D88-67A6-4CDD-837A-19C3E23D569F.jpeg

:golfclap:Great haul, great pics and super report as always RM! 

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Turned around and ran into my buddy Pablo. Dreamtoreal1 here on the boards. We were both like kids in a candy store!

23FBEA04-5D04-4D82-AA33-E1BA3D4EF6D4.jpeg

…… thanks, Bob...…… I LOVE your reports ……… it really does seem like a 70's show..... except that the books are all in bags and boards lol …… and that carpet really nails it. First pic I've seen of Pablo.... he has a twin in North Carolina. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Annother pleasant surprise was Mr Ritter from Worldwide. He wasn’t on the original list either. Got a few cool ones from him including a very nice surprise Frankenstein for my collection.

5057D964-DDDE-4554-9CEC-015F4A3466AB.jpeg

3215682F-0585-4335-A1BA-0028C57650D9.jpeg

Well, I was the guy next to you at this booth talking comics, picking up the Exciting Comics WWII cover , that you showed the Kerry Drake book to. So nice to meet you in person. I should’ve known it was you  from your great taste in books. 

Edited by oceans11

16 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

…… thanks, Bob...…… I LOVE your reports ……… it really does seem like a 70's show..... except that the books are all in bags and boards lol …… and that carpet really nails it. First pic I've seen of Pablo.... he has a twin in North Carolina. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Pablo is a great guy. He is a self named “investor”. I’m trying to turn him to the dark side and keep a few. He really appreciates the books as well as just selling them. Younger guys like Pablo are the future of this hobby and it is in great hands.

4 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

Well, I was the guy next to you at this booth talking comics, picking up the Exciting Comics WWII cover , that you showed the Kerry Drake book to. So nice to meet you in person. I should’ve known it was you  from your great taste in books. 

Wow cool. Seems like we have a lot in common. Good to meet you too. Show off that great Nedor you picked up from Steven...

Awesome report. It looks like it was a great show.  Did the hotel have any additional ballrooms that could have been used if they wanted to expand?  If they move it to a 2 or 3-day show, I will fly out there next year.  I like conventions at hotels because it's easier to get around. Nice selections of early Actions and Wonder Woman's.