• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,107 posts in this topic

Was going to get ready for the Glendale All American Collector's Show tomorrow (shamless plug...) and was getting some premiums ready for it. I think I remember posting these a couple of years ago but Photophuckit ate my photos so I thought I'd do it again.

Rings. The things most premiums collectors covet the most from the 1930's-1950's. Like most premiums, they are usually un-marked so you have to know them. Wonderful to find them at shows because most sellers don't know what they have. Like everything else though, drying up a bit.

Thought I'd post some of the more notable and desire able ones for you.

First up. Shadow Blue Coal Ring (Left) and Buck Rogers "Moon of Saturn" glow in the dark rings from around 1941

ringsshadow:buckrogers.jpg

Here's a weird and scarce one. The Secret Agent "Look around" Ring. You look through the small slit and there is a mirror inside which allows you to see sideways to spy on folks. Probably was good to look at girls in your math class without them knowing. This is a proto type and only a couple exist now. Several other characterss including Tom Mix and Capt. Midnight has similar production models.

ringsecretagent.jpg

Last but not least, the "king" of premium rings. 1939 Supermen of America ring. Not something you could just send away for as it was awarded as a prize in one issue of Action Comics in 1939. There are a few out there but needless to say, extremely scarce and desireable. I consider myself to be very lucky to be a member of this pretty exculsive club!

ringsupermanprize.jpg

50 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Last but not least, the "king" of premium rings. 1939 Supermen of America ring. Not something you could just send away for as it was awarded as a prize in one issue of Action Comics in 1939. There are a few out there but needless to say, extremely scarce and desireable. I consider myself to be very lucky to be a member of this pretty exculsive club!

ringsupermanprize.jpg

:golfclap::golfclap:

Always blown away as what resides at The Junk Pile. The Smithsonian has got nothing on you! 

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

1950's Gabby Hayes Quaker Cannon Ring. One large and impressive ring. Still shoots puffed Rice!

gabbyhayescannonring.jpg

Somehow, a ring that shoots puffed rice makes me think of Maxwell Smart. :)

Hi Robot Man,

Add me to the long list of admirers for your collection of comic memorabilia! 

I see that you have an eye for quality comic pinbacks - allow me to shamelessly plug my comic pinback website (www.pinbacks.com) where I have documented almost 1000 comic pinbacks from the 1890s to the 1950s. 

Let me know if there are any comic pinbacks you need for your collection - I love to buy, sell, and trade these little bits of celluloid, metal, and paper!

Thanks...

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Was going to get ready for the Glendale All American Collector's Show tomorrow (shamless plug...) and was getting some premiums ready for it. I think I remember posting these a couple of years ago but Photophuckit ate my photos so I thought I'd do it again.

Rings. The things most premiums collectors covet the most from the 1930's-1950's. Like most premiums, they are usually un-marked so you have to know them. Wonderful to find them at shows because most sellers don't know what they have. Like everything else though, drying up a bit.

Thought I'd post some of the more notable and desire able ones for you.

First up. Shadow Blue Coal Ring (Left) and Buck Rogers "Moon of Saturn" glow in the dark rings from around 1941

ringsshadow:buckrogers.jpg

I think these may be my faves.:cloud9:

I meant to ask ages ago..do you have,have you seen any of the Lev Gleason trading cards?I'd swoon for a Daredevil one.

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

I think these may be my faves.:cloud9:

I meant to ask ages ago..do you have,have you seen any of the Lev Gleason trading cards?I'd swoon for a Daredevil one.

I had a few including a Daredevil but sorry, long gone. I think I might have kept the Silver Streak.