• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,040 posts in this topic

A happy buyer went home with a Joker classic and a “Paul” copy to boot. I had the chance to originally buy this for a price that would make you sick but my good buddy Jim Maley got instead. At the time, I wasn’t too bummed because the stack I took home that day MORE than made up for it. Watch the bay, it is sure to turn up there soon and it could be yours. Wow!

C593BB4B-B5E8-4A72-9702-9C5CAF8E0C24.jpeg

‘Ole Robot Man didn’t leave empty handed either. Two books I’ve wanted bad for quite some time!

Very fun day guys. Glad you could all make it. This is a fun way to get to know collectors in your area. More of you out of LA guys should try this in your area.

B6785A33-84C7-4015-B9C9-2C8AB4AAC3B3.jpeg

DD5DF689-CA5E-4E3E-B84C-E128C5761EAE.jpeg

On 9/6/2019 at 2:43 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Not a comic but an amazing score from a retirement home spring cleaning sale about ten years ago. I picked up a pile of kids records and buried in the pile was this rare beauty. I think I plunked down a ten spot for the whole pile.

771405882_tn_Scarecrow1.JPG.65af696b6d2e70d2ec2434a3600245a7.JPG

I still remember watching the three part series on the Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color on a black & white tv.  The great Patrick McGoohan played the lead role to perfection.  "Scarecrow, Scarecrow, the soldiers of the King fear his name..."

Edited by BitterOldMan

11 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

I still remember watching the three part series on the Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color on a black & white tv.  The great Patrick McGoohan played the lead role to perfection.  "Scarecrow, Scarecrow, the soldiers of the King fear his name..."

Yes and I wonder if they would show this on a kid's channel today. The opening sequence had the Scarecrow and his henchmen hanging a sympathizer of the British troops. Only after the commercial break did you realize they had faked it! I remember being freaked out by that scene as a kid. If you like reading consider picking up the original source material which can easily be found on line. 

About every two months we have a small little local LA comic con. 

Pretty small but a few decent dealers with some vintage stuff. What is also fun for me is there a few guys with cool, non comic book stuff. Pulps, BLB’s, pinbacks, toys and stuff. 

Got this killer Beatnik Halloween mask from probably the late 1950’s for $5.!!!