• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,073 posts in this topic

This guy was a joke. Most of his stuff was low grade stuff. Very few GA. He was selling them “for half marked guide” prices. My momma didn’t raise no fool. He just priced them at double guide and was asking half off that. I made him a fair offer on these two but he turned me down with a sneer. I left ‘em...

96928BCE-4CA0-4135-873D-5B4AF04732AA.jpeg

Here’s what I picked up. Everything, came from the boxes. I always ask every one if they have any “old stuff” even though it isn’t displayed. Lots of stuff comes from under tables, boxes and out of sight. All this stuff was really cheap. Always happy to find unusual stuff for a bargain...

BE4BCEAD-35A7-4B9C-93F5-99CEB53E7BC0.jpeg

I doubt that would ever happen. Terry isn't much about talking about the "old daze" or maybe he doesn't remember. He has always been a real quiet guy. I don't get the feeling he cares much about the past. Nor does David T Alexander. But he's got stories when he opens up.

Most people don't realize the impact those two along with Carl Macek of the American Comic Book Co. made on fandom. They were brilliant marketeers. They coined the phrase "Good Girl Art" and introduced the concept of bondage covers, decapitation, violence as well as "esoteric" comics to market their wares.

I was pretty friendly with them in the day. I would go to the store and go in the back room. There were literally piles and boxes full of SA and GA books all over the place. People were walking in the door daily selling them nice stuff. I remember seeing a pile of maybe 50 Timelys just sitting in a stack un-bagged that had just walked in and they hadn't had time to process.

They were the "rock stars" of comic dealing in LA. Great parties with actual attractive women at them.

Terry is all over the small shows and flea markets now days. I see him a lot. He is a very unique guy. As are many old timers in this business. I guess it is what makes this such a colorful hobby.

Redbeard is also another guy that has stories. He was there at the dawn of the SF and Church collections and hung with Terry and David a lot. I got him to come on the boards finally and he was on here for a while but has slipped back.

On 9/22/2019 at 11:10 PM, Robot Man said:

This guy was a joke. Most of his stuff was low grade stuff. Very few GA. He was selling them “for half marked guide” prices. My momma didn’t raise no fool. He just priced them at double guide and was asking half off that. I made him a fair offer on these two but he turned me down with a sneer. I left ‘em...

96928BCE-4CA0-4135-873D-5B4AF04732AA.jpeg

First glance I thought it was thirty and forty,would have been glad to pay half of that.

40&45$ wouldn't shock me in a thread here.Wouldn't pony up,but wouldn't be slightly surprised

3 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

WDCS always had some great holiday themed covers. Here's an early one with  Barks on the inside!

tn_WDCS38.jpg.cf1a74f3ceed5950ae94b2f6ed8e7600.jpg

That's a great one. Love the colors. Never had a copy of that one...

This is another cool WDCS Halloween cover that I really like.

comwdcs217.jpg