• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,073 posts in this topic

I heard that Disneyland is closing there for a few weeks. That and a half full flight really speaks to how serious people are taking this virus. Be safe, and use those hand wipes! 

Thanks for the Godzilla photos. I think he is Japan’s Superman. Next to the Creature of the Black Lagoon, he is the most requested monster I get when I do shows. I have sold built up Godzilla Aurora monster models many times. Very quickly and for quite a bit of money. Often to Japanese folks. 

Just now, Robot Man said:

So cool huh? They just don’t make toys like that anymore. I have my dad’s bigger version. Are you going to keep it for yourself?

Absolutely. I have always wanted one, and they certainly aren't rare, but it seemed like every time one was available the price was very high. The folks selling this had found it in their grand-father's estate, done some research, and were very fair with their offer.

Cool! Really feels good in your hand huh? Great to that handle and pull the trigger too. That is the smaller Wilma Deering version. I actually prefer it. Mine still has a lot of blueing to the original finish. 

Back in the day, those were quite uncommon locally. Then the internet came along... Still a wonderful and classic piece! 

Thought of you Wednesday, Bob. 
I was in a local shop I like, and a guy brings in a stack of Mad mags from the late 50s- early 60s. The store doesn’t really sell that sort of thing, but will buy almost anything just as a service. The customer didn’t like the price, and amicably declined the offer. We talked about what a shame it was that such great stuff wasn’t in demand. 

I quoted you, “ Golden Age of Mad”.

1 hour ago, Whizzer said:

This thread is an absolute delight!  Just seeing these things and having them discussed in a way that is all about the love of the thing rather than just it's monetary value is wonderful. Thanks for this thread and long may it continue! :popcorn:

Thank you sir. Although comics are my first and biggest love. I was introduced to a lot of other stuff in my search for them. I feel the other stuff often really compliments my comic collection. I am grateful you guys put up with my occasional forray into the other stuff.

Just a shamless plug...

I have a "parts and pieces" sales thread coming up today. All GA. Covers, coverless, centerfolds out, incomplete, and groups of damaged books. If you are a reader or like to put books together, this might be right up your alley...

My good buddies EC fanatic John Gothold on the left and my old dealer buddie “Kookie” on the right. Kookie was bought out by John at Torpedo a few weeks ago (more on that later). But he did have a cool recent find of wild crime mags. This was my selection, 

E2A5DE41-A9E4-42E0-8914-C972692387D4.jpeg

5F2E75AE-5871-4DD2-B770-C3304CD2127D.jpeg