• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,040 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Cobbledclam said:

Santa Cruz. They are letting people Surf early morning to 11am and then after 5. Beach open if your heading to the water but closed to to just sitting and tanning types. Pack Your Trash!

IMG_2020.JPG

Great photo but so very creepy. I have surfed that area. Glad the locals can still paddle out...:headbang:

Another Sunday with no flea markets, junk or comic shows... sadly, getting used to it. I like to plan things to look forward to. Just can’t think ahead that far right now. It is OK though, I know it will happen again, just got to have patience. And being a GA collector, I have that down. 

Since we can’t go to shows and I can’t post any con reports, I thought I re-post some photos of cons of the past. Enjoy and we will be back when things are right again. 

1BFCFF47-98B0-41C0-A556-CA01FCA827D8.jpeg

3CE86470-C5EB-422B-8012-36F2D58A5826.jpeg

6838A233-B578-4839-9419-B6605004F786.jpeg

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I’m sure a lot of you recognize yourself, your buddies, dealers and all the cool junk. Miss you guys, but stay well, do the right thing and before you know it we will be back to wall drooling and box diving!

Thanks Bob; almost like being there!! I'll pull some books out of the closet to complete the experience. Miss the thrill of the hunt.

17 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, me too. I have come to learn I miss my buddies a lot more than the stuff though. 

You probably attended some of these events. 

Yeah been to almost all of Terry's shows and I think every Wonder Con since it came to Anaheim. I still miss Wonder Con in San Francisco as it was always fun to fly up for a day. It's funny to think of that now; I don't know when I'll get on a plane next!!

I’ve been a dealer at all of Terry’s shows.  These comic show photos are all Terry’s, WonderCon and Torpedo. Been to all of them held in SO CA. I also liked WonderCon in SF. It was usually the first week of the month. Worked out great because I would drive up, do the first couple of days and do the Alameda Flea Market on Sunday. There were times I did even better at Alameda than I did at WonderCon. I would usually drive home with a van full and be a little “junk drunk”...:roflmao:

I like it down here though. Easier and cheaper than traveling. 

They way things are going, my last Comic Con was Terry’s and the next one might be Terry’s... Kind of weird...

I actually miss my buddies a lot more than the stuff I went home with.