• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,107 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

It has been a dark year. One like I’ve never experienced. And even though my family is separated this year, I, unlike no other time have so much to be thankful for. 

So instead of all the goofy turkey cover comics I usually post today, I offer up this wonderful story of giving. 

I hope all my fellow boardies have a great Thanksgiving. Maybe this will inspire someone...

Great Thanksgiving story Bob; what book is that from? Pretty impressive writing too; seems a cut above what I had expected.

From Men’s Adventures #13 (Atlas). Yeah, very well written and drawn by Gene Colan. 

I sent it to my sister in law who is working in a Covid Ward today. She is not a comic person but she said it touched her. She and her family are having no Thanksgiving today. 

In addition to my blessings, I am very thankful to people like her and her fellow health professionals. 

13 hours ago, Robot Man said:

It has been a dark year. One like I’ve never experienced. And even though my family is separated this year, I, unlike no other time have so much to be thankful for. 

So instead of all the goofy turkey cover comics I usually post today, I offer up this wonderful story of giving. 

I hope all my fellow boardies have a great Thanksgiving. Maybe this will inspire someone...

BBAB2CB7-2E4E-42F6-B9FB-8CB37D161CE7.jpeg

16AE7A7A-8761-4C29-87EA-B3E71A39E5AD.jpeg

15FEE0FE-8C56-4F11-B05B-427850E3E112.jpeg

4D9B3D6C-7AE6-4834-B2BE-818923FA6961.jpeg

27ADAFC8-9509-42FC-9A88-DE1B5626C371.jpeg

Great stuff thanks

23 hours ago, Robot Man said:

From Men’s Adventures #13 (Atlas). Yeah, very well written and drawn by Gene Colan. 

I sent it to my sister in law who is working in a Covid Ward today. She is not a comic person but she said it touched her. She and her family are having no Thanksgiving today. 

In addition to my blessings, I am very thankful to people like her and her fellow health professionals. 

Whenever I hear someone denying or saying Covid isn't too bad I want them to talk to the people who are exhausting and in some cases killing themselves to fight this back!

On 10/18/2020 at 4:32 PM, Robot Man said:

A cool flea market pickup today. I bought two of these from the same lady. Probably 1950’s. Local newspaper. Large on stiff chipboard. She had a couple more with Dragnet and Lucy which I missed. Very few of these survived especially un-used. Love stuff like this!

53876829-EAB7-474F-8A21-33ED9C1CA599.jpeg

Oh yeah! That is boss! Which newspaper?

???

20 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I don’t know why I did this year since I won’t be having anybody over and my wife could care less. But I do it every year. I have so many of these but just went through a few major publishers. 

Enjoy gang and Happy Holidaze to all of you! 

660B2EC1-39EA-4BC0-95E2-57C9F0EC1892.jpeg

Awesome display. The Captain Marvel on the second level has always been a favorite of mine since it was featured on an early Overstreet cover!

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I don’t know why I did this year since I won’t be having anybody over and my wife could care less. But I do it every year. I have so many of these but just went through a few major publishers. 

Yeah well we here love 'em so screw everybody else!

(thumbsu

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

660B2EC1-39EA-4BC0-95E2-57C9F0EC1892.jpeg

Super photo...thank you and MC

Haven't done a "sub set" in a while but a new addition made me think of this.

I call it "Is it Horror or is it Humor?".  These are books that couldn't quite make up their mind.

Spooky Mysteries #1 (only issue) 1946 Great cover almost like a MAD cover with a horror twist. Has two humor stories and two mystery/crime type stories. Not real "spooky" but definately weird...

comspookymysteries1.jpg.jpg