• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,107 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2024 at 12:51 PM, Hepcat said:

A Rat Fink figure proportional to the car and resembling the one pictured on the box is included. The inclusion of the fink figures made the slot cars too top heavy of course and they were very poor performers on any slot car track.

:)

How come it doesn't appear in any of the pictures of the open box?

On 4/23/2024 at 4:30 PM, Hepcat said:

Some of the parts are enclosed beneath the cardboard insert.

:wink:

Hiding the best part... (tsk)

On 4/23/2024 at 11:08 AM, Robot Man said:

Love those especially in black. I wonder what they were supposed to be used for? Mine is only a few inches thick.

They're briefcases for the office. Top level execs like to demonstrate that they busy themselves at home with only the most important matters and therefore don't carry thick briefcases. 

I assume there are 4 in the set. 

There could be more than four and of course in a multiplicity of colours.

I’ve had mine like forever and haven’t seen another other than these.

In addition to the briefcases SPP also released binders:

H8ffwP.jpg

It seems  that the Digger, Daddy, Davey and Freddy Flameout binders listed in the above catalogue were available in red, yellow, green and black. Here are some pictures I've managed to find:

SPPbinderWeird_Ohs.webp?width=1920&heigh  werid-oh-bunder_zpstjyvoaqx.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

SPP also released at least two more Weird-Ohs binders not shown in the above catalogue:

Hv5hlI.md.jpg

Hv5XKN.jpg

3GCrtn.jpg

3GC6ns.jpg

So I count at least six different binders. Each was perhaps available in red, yellow, green, black and perhaps even teal. Plus at least one pencil case:

s_l500.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo

I'm not sure how many different pencil cases there were or in how many different colours. All I know for sure is that any self-respecting Hawk Weird-Ohs enthusiast needs to have them all!

:headbang:

Edited by Hepcat

On 4/23/2024 at 11:18 AM, Hepcat said:

Those LP's are wild cool! I remember seeing one of the "Big Daddy" Roth ones when I was actively accumulating vinyl LP's circa 1970. I have one other "Big Daddy" Roth LP you've not pictured:

HotRodLPs.jpg

I like to relax to the sweet sounds of Rods 'n Ratfinks:

HepcatRatFinkLP.jpg

But I don't have the Weird-Ohs or Silly Surfers LP's. I take it that yours are two separate albums. I believe I've seen an LP with the Weird-Ohs on the front of the sleeve and the Silly Surfers on the back.

(shrug)

Yes, 2 separate albums. I photographed both sides..

On 4/23/2024 at 3:40 PM, Hepcat said:

They're briefcases for the office. Top level execs like to demonstrate that they busy themselves at home with only the most important matters and therefore don't carry thick briefcases. 

There could be more than four and of course in a multiplicity of colours.

In addition to the briefcases SPP also released binders:

H8ffwP.jpg

It seems  that the Digger, Daddy, Davey and Freddy Flameout binders listed in the above catalogue were available in red, yellow, green and black. Here are some pictures I've managed to find:

SPPbinderWeird_Ohs.webp?width=1920&heigh  werid-oh-bunder_zpstjyvoaqx.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

SPP also released at least two more Weird-Ohs binders not shown in the above catalogue:

Hv5hlI.md.jpg

Hv5XKN.jpg

3GCrtn.jpg

3GC6ns.jpg

So I count at least six different binders. Each was perhaps available in red, yellow, green, black and perhaps even teal. Plus at least one pencil case:

s_l500.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo

I'm not sure how many different pencil cases there were or in how many different colours. All I know for sure is that any self-respecting Hawk Weird-Ohs enthusiast needs to have them all!

:headbang:

Cool! Never have owned the binders or pencil cases.