• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,107 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, PopKulture said:

That "Shook Up" is just so wonderfully dated. I've never seen it before. No doubt I would've snapped it up if I had. And good call on the lettering on that early version of "Crazy": it does remind me of "Esquire!"

I think there were four issues in all of Fooey. Here's issue number 3:

46866698.ebdf544d.800.jpg

Thanks Pop! I figured there were probably a few more but have never seen them. I don't go out of my way anymore but grab them when I see them. A boardie who says he is a lurker here bought a few from me yesterday. He said there is a book on them and showed me but I was so tired I couldn't remember. Maybe he will make an appearance and share it with us...

Flea market score this morning. Un-built in the original box from 1966.

Was very happy until the guy pulled out a stack of this kids Marvels and handed them to my buddy...:sorry:

Hey, you win some and you lose some. At least they went to a good friend instead of one of the slimey flippers that prowl this show!

spidermanmodel.jpg

55 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Flea market score this morning. Un-built in the original box from 1966.

Was very happy until the guy pulled out a stack of this kids Marvels and handed them to my buddy...:sorry:

Hey, you win some and you lose some. At least they went to a good friend instead of one of the slimey flippers that prowl this show!

spidermanmodel.jpg

Nice score! Nobody pulls stuff like that out for me, just sayin.' Isn't the box art by Neal Adams?

On 7/1/2018 at 7:56 PM, PopKulture said:

Nice score! Nobody pulls stuff like that out for me, just sayin.' Isn't the box art by Neal Adams?

Always a popular Aurora kit -- I have my built versions, but complete and unstarted with a nice original box is always cherry!

Mr Steve Ditko,

At least 54 years an obsession for me. Thank gosh for what seemed like "older" relatives at the time. Teen-age cousins who had stacks of those funny books sitting around for us youngin's to read and chill out to while the older folks got their load on during Friday night family get-togethers. Some of the best and weirdest aliens and feeble looking old people ever!

??

ditko-strange-tales-panel_kindlephoto-4844769.png

steve-ditko-photo.jpg

On 6/15/2018 at 11:07 AM, Robot Man said:

Added bonus... Very few of you have probably heard of Thimk Magazine. Just think how rare this little mail away membership pin is? Stumbled on to it by chance at a flea market. A guy had the EC metal pin and this. I think I was more excited by this. Never seen another one.

thimkpin.jpg

Didn't IBM have a house publication titled "THINK"?  It was Tom Watson, Sr.'s slogan and I think a sign with that word hung in everyone's office.  I assume the title of this mag was a takeoff on that.  

Very cool pin!

OK...

Had a nice 20 minute straight through drive to the Hilton. Walked in, said my name and walked in to the comic section. Not real big but if you are a box diver a full day of digging and hit every dealer with maybe a half hour left over. Did a lot of visiting and buying!