• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,073 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I’ve got some of these tucked away! Forgot about em!

I have the set too,a lot of fun,I see where Cracked got the idea for their monster issues in the eighties!

PS,your sad react to the ,um,'pocket toy' pumpkin had me almost in tears laughing lol 

In honor of all our military veterans who have served our country since the dawn of our nation. Due to them, our nation always has been and always will be great.

Also a shot of my dad. A naval Petty Officer in WWII. His camera recorded many important events during this war. Miss you every day dad!

comsuperman29.jpg

dad.jpg

5 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Looks kind of like a young Robert Mitchum.  🇺🇸
Here’s the soldier at Soldier Field!

6588B069-346B-4645-B610-4D5D3A7F3CB1.thumb.jpeg.9efdb11aa9b656b89c486bd053c8d86c.jpeg

Thanks Jack, he would have loved that. He was one tough dude with a heart of gold. And, he was quite the ladies man in those days I was told.

Beautiful monument. I would love to visit it someday. Places I have been that really moved me almost to tears were Arlington Cemetery, Gettysburg and the site at Normandy Beach. Just sacred spots...

23 hours ago, Hepcat said:

Frisky Fables makes my list of all-time greatest titles!

:headbang:

True dat Hepcat.Me too. The Frisky Fables, Holiday, Giggle and Ha have some outstanding covers. Not particularily great reads but in these days of slabbing and classic covers, I think they hold their own with the best of them. I have said, and still say, this is about the last genre left that hasn't taken off. I have bought them for years and continue to do so when I can find them. I especially love the holiday covers.

comfriskyfablesv3#4.jpg

comfriskyfablesV2#10.jpg

comhaha46.jpg

comhaha59.jpg

comgiggle59.jpg

comholiday6.jpg

comholiday3.jpg

Robot Man,

Something I have been meaning to ask you. I have a Remco Bulldog tank from the early sixties in its original box. I found it in the house we live in now when we moved in. Is it worth much or are they fairly common? I don't recall seeing them around too much, I also found one of those old German steam engines that run a flywheel in the original box. Cool stuff but for toys I like American Flyer trains and Erector sets; so I'm not too familiar with the value on these items. Any ideas?

50yrs

Original box! Are they Mint in Box (unused) therefore? How minty are the boxes? Mint in NM Box toys of any kind from the early sixties will draw hundreds of dollars worth of interest.

Incidentally the steam engines are not only boss cool but they continue to be made by Wilesco to this very day:

https://www.wilesco.de/en

B|

7 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Robot Man,

Something I have been meaning to ask you. I have a Remco Bulldog tank from the early sixties in its original box. I found it in the house we live in now when we moved in. Is it worth much or are they fairly common? I don't recall seeing them around too much, I also found one of those old German steam engines that run a flywheel in the original box. Cool stuff but for toys I like American Flyer trains and Erector sets; so I'm not too familiar with the value on these items. Any ideas?

50yrs

I have seen them. Military stuff is just so so. I love toys like that though. Lots of actions usually. If working, I would say in the range of $150. Steam engines are all over the place. Depending what they are, how old they are and if they work. Hard to price. People love them though if they are working and the few I've had sold well and fast. I would say do a Google search and see what turns up. With a little effort, you should be able to get a pretty good idea.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

People love them though if they are working and the few I've had sold well and fast. 

Do you operate a store or set up with a booth at toy shows?

???

Edited by Hepcat

22 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Something I have been meaning to ask you. I have a Remco Bulldog tank from the early sixties in its original box. I found it in the house we live in now when we moved in. Is it worth much or are they fairly common? I don't recall seeing them around too much,

Remco%20Bulldog_zpsrr739oz4.jpg

Check out this link:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/remco-bulldog-large-tank-ammo-flag-1854440812

B|

Go figure I went to look for that tank and it's so well put away I can't find it!! Oh well, I found some other fun stuff sitting around.

Here's a Cecil Sea Serpent Mattell pull string toy that I picked up at a flea market long long ago. The voice box actually still works on this guy. Can't be much call for these anymore.

tn_Beany.thumb.jpg.6d909a737c6a678099f9d1117afb9b6a.jpg

Probably one of the most creative resumes I ever received at work arrived in the form of this old Disney lunchbox. It helped that it featured one of my favorite Disney images. We didn't hire this guy but I'm sure he did well as he had a lot to offer; just not what we needed at the time.

tn_LunchBox.thumb.jpg.9e51e8e952c4aa977401218c87736fee.jpg

Here's that crazy steam engine that was in the house when we bought it; looks slightly used but in good shape. I think I'll order some of the heating pellets and get it running again. I usually set up the old American Flyer steamers around the tree so this can be the workshop!

tn_SteamEngine.thumb.jpg.781ca4c9bb278a7826a0c7aebea04476.jpg

I got more junk laying around that you might like to see pictures of Bob. I was looking for some of the vintage late1930's or early 1940's Disney cards that I also found in the house but I've stashed those too well too.

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

Cool stuff!

Actually Beanie and Cecil stuff is surprisingly still pretty collectible. I have this cool old lampshade. Sadly, the Cecil base is long gone...

You must work in the creative business to get that lunch box. I was an art director for years. I tried to sweet talk a lady out of a job by giving her a nice SA Wonder Woman comic at my interview. My buddy who got me in said she was a fan. She happily accepted the comic but I didn't get the job.

The steam engine appears fairly modern but still has value. They are very fun to see working and people love them.

Are your Mickey cards like this? These are very early 1930's and are still very sought after, especially the Walt card which is very coveted.

beanylamp1.jpg

beanylamp2.jpg

beanylamp3.jpg

beanylamp4.jpg

mickeymousegumcards.jpg

mickeymousegumcardswalt.jpg

No the cards are small (about 1" by 2") and seem to have been part of some game. They feature Snow White, Bambi, Pinocchio and Mickey and Minnie as I recall. I'll dig them up over the next few weeks.

Great lampshade by the way.

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs