• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on Micheal Turner Art

10 posts in this topic

Although I enjoyed looking at the links, it's tough to get a good feel for pricing from those listings. The dates and dollar amounts seem to be all over the place, depending on the character involved and the amount of finish applied (rough pencils vs finished pencils vs pencils and inks). I hope an M.T. expert or two PM you to offer their advice.

GLWTS.

Edited by Hal Turner

I primarily follow Turner's work on DC comics/characters.  The only recent sale that comes to mind was the cover to Superman #205 which was sold on ebay in 2014 with a price of $5000 IIRC.  I haven't seen many of Turner's DC covers come up for sale recently, but if the last three transactions of his interior work on Superman/Batman are any indication, I would imagine his DC cover work has appreciated substantially from this data point in 2014.  The last three transactions below:

• Feb 2016 Comiclink Auction - Superman/Batman #13 Page 20 & 21...massively detailed depiction by Turner of almost every DC character surrounding Supergirl.  Hammer price $12,100;
  • Summer 2017 Dealer Transaction (Anthony's) - Superman/Batman #12 Page 18 &19...large character drawings of Supergirl & Superman flying through the air.  Listed for over a year at $12,500, but eventually sold (final price unknown);
  • Summer 2017 Dealer Consignment (TDArt) - Superman/Batman #10 Page 5...single page splash of Superman choking Artemis to protect Kara.  Initially listed for $8500, but was reduced to $7500 & likely sold at this price.

My $0.02...I hope this helps.

-Carlo

On 7/24/2017 at 11:12 PM, chico_suave_58 said:

I primarily follow Turner's work on DC comics/characters.  The only recent sale that comes to mind was the cover to Superman #205 which was sold on ebay in 2014 with a price of $5000 IIRC.  I haven't seen many of Turner's DC covers come up for sale recently, but if the last three transactions of his interior work on Superman/Batman are any indication, I would imagine his DC cover work has appreciated substantially from this data point in 2014.  The last three transactions below:

• Feb 2016 Comiclink Auction - Superman/Batman #13 Page 20 & 21...massively detailed depiction by Turner of almost every DC character surrounding Supergirl.  Hammer price $12,100;
  • Summer 2017 Dealer Transaction (Anthony's) - Superman/Batman #12 Page 18 &19...large character drawings of Supergirl & Superman flying through the air.  Listed for over a year at $12,500, but eventually sold (final price unknown);
  • Summer 2017 Dealer Consignment (TDArt) - Superman/Batman #10 Page 5...single page splash of Superman choking Artemis to protect Kara.  Initially listed for $8500, but was reduced to $7500 & likely sold at this price.

My $0.02...I hope this helps.

-Carlo

I think you have to assume that Turner "Supergirl" pages go for a premium.

On 7/26/2017 at 7:43 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

I think you have to assume that Turner "Supergirl" pages go for a premium.

That has been my experience in looking at them over the last several years as well.

I passed on so many pages of that Superman/Batman arc.  It was years ago (back at WW Philly, when it was good).   Aspen had a large set up and they had pages and pages of that stuff.   I remember the "cheaper" decent pages (pages with a cape or two on them) were in the 1-1.5K range.   Wish I had the scratch at the time to have bought one or two.

They even had that killer Batman splash (where he's wearing that underwater gear).  I think it was 4K.  

3 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

I passed on so many pages of that Superman/Batman arc.  It was years ago (back at WW Philly, when it was good).   Aspen had a large set up and they had pages and pages of that stuff.   I remember the "cheaper" decent pages (pages with a cape or two on them) were in the 1-1.5K range.   Wish I had the scratch at the time to have bought one or two.

They even had that killer Batman splash (where he's wearing that underwater gear).  I think it was 4K.  

It's true - Frank only has one page left and he had it with him at SDCC this year.  It's the first full appearance of Kara - when she's in the trenchcoat - 1/2 splash.  Now priced at $10k.

It's a phenomenal Supergirl run