• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everett Raymond Kinstler
4 4

155 posts in this topic

On 4/17/2018 at 5:59 AM, fett said:

special no-prize to the Kinstler fan that can report where this was originally printed (GCD doesn't know either) :) (the cover)

Ka'a'nga001IW.jpg

checked through channels with Jim Vadeboncoeur and he said to the best of his knowledge this is an orignal Kinstler cover, not a reprint! :) 

15 hours ago, Mutant Manatee said:

Love me some Kinstler, so this thread is :cloud9:.   One of the few Golden Age greats that is still with us.

Not high grade, but I had him sign this one for me at San Diego in 2006.

Kinstler 2006.jpg

Kinstler Tony Smaller.jpg

……. if one Googles him and selects "Images" instead of "All", you will be in for a treat.... his Portrait paintings are stunning …. Presidents, Movie stars, etc.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

51 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

……. if one Googles him and selects "Images" instead of "All", you will be in for a treat.... his Portrait paintings are stunning …. Presidents, Movie stars, etc.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Or better yet, buy this book.  It contains all of his comic book covers and frontispieces, plus his paintings and portraits.  The signed deluxe edition is only $30 from Bud Plant.  It should be a no brainer for anyone reading this thread.

Kinstler A.jpg

Kinstler B.jpg

25 minutes ago, telerites said:

I finally bought the book, "Everett Raymond Kinstler The Artist's Journey Through Popular Culture" although I haven't unwrapped it yet.  

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I have a paperback copy of that one.  I have to admit that it's been sitting shrink-wrapped on my shelf for at least a couple of years. 

56 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

This makes me wonder...

When CGC regrades another company’s slab, could they just drop it a half or full grade just to make themselves look better? hm

They could ... but I hope they don't!

The crossover grades that I've gotten on CB*CS books that were graded more recently have generally been higher -- either the same grade or a half grade lower.  PQ seems to just about always be lower, though. 

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

They could ... but I hope they don't!

The crossover grades that I've gotten on CB*CS books that were graded more recently have generally been higher -- either the same grade or a half grade lower.  PQ seems to just about always be lower, though. 

I would love to have GPA start collecting alien slab data to see how values compare.  I wonder if your CGC 6.5 ow gets a boost for being in the CGC slab compared to a CBCS same or even higher grade as some have speculated.  My preference would be to have a book in a CGC slab.  I'm still waiting on my 25 book GA cross-over submission and will send in more but it gets expensive as I have raw submissions and still want to buy or bid on books lol

Edited by telerites

On 2/9/2019 at 6:12 PM, telerites said:

I would love to have GPA start collecting alien slab data to see how values compare.  I wonder if your CGC 6.5 ow gets a boost for being in the CGC slab compared to a CBCS same or even higher grade as some have speculated.  My preference would be to have a book in a CGC slab.  I'm still waiting on my 25 book GA cross-over submission and will send in more but it gets expensive as I have raw submissions and still want to buy or bid on books lol

I know the feeling.  I always have a backlog of books that I'm intending to send in. Given the slow TATs on most books, I try to space out my submissions both to space out the spending and so there's usually something coming back relatively soon.